Contribute
Register

Data Collection & Possible solution to Z68 USB issues! Vote!

Does your CustoMac have USB issues when waking from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 2600K @ 4.8ghz
Graphics
560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Again even if you don't have an issue, please take the time to do this with the data below! Most of us know they info off of our heads anyways but to track down the issue we need data!

Also added another data source, Ethernet driver! Please update your post with it!

This is a poll to see the amount of people affected by USB issues on wake. Normally resulting in having devices disconnected and the need to unplug/replug them in (sometimes requiring a restart).

So far it seems to be an issue with Gigabyte Z68X boards, but not everyone? That's what's hard to tell, there are quite a few of us in another thread...

What I'm asking to better isolate the issue is:
[*]Answer in the poll the question, if you only having drive reconnect issues ignore it
[*]List all the devices you have plugged into any USB ports (USB2 or USB 3)
[*]Are you using Lacie's USB3 drivers? If so what version if you remember!
[*]What Motherboard Are You Using, Along With Firmware and What Revision!
[*]Instilation method, was it Unibeast? What was your original lion installer, 10.7.0 or 10.7.2?
[*]What Ethernet Kext are you using? Lnx2Mac? Realtek? Stock?

Here is a copy paste able template to help you do this quickly:

Code:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Revision: 1
Firmware: F11F
OSX Version: 10.7.2 (Unibeast 10.7.2 installer)
USB Devices: Logitech C910 Camera, Logitech G700 Wireless Mouse, IOGEAR Bluetooth, Fujitsu Scansnap, Corsair Flash Drive,
USB3 Drivers: None
Ethernet: Lnx2Mac 0.90

Thank You!

Update December 21, 2011 Possible Solution:
Remove Lnx2Mac's drivers, and instead use Realteks. I do not know how to remove Lnx2Macs (don't ask, I just did a new instillation). Works wonderfully now. Back to how it was.

Re: Please Vote! Data collection for possible Z68 USB issues.

UPDATE: No issues, other than the few seconds wait (4-5 sec) for the Microsoft mouse to become alive again after sleep.. Switching to official Realtek drivers fixed the mouse wake-up lag problem!
Unfortunately, using the Realtek drivers broke bridged networking in Parallels Virtual Machines. The Lyx2Mac does NOT have this problem though. It will be great if Lynx2Mac can be fixed to avoid that mouse wake-up lag problem.

Using the following USB devices: All plugged into USB2 ports
Viking Memory Card reader USB2.0
Zebra LP2844 Thermal Printer
APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply
Edirol UM-880, 8x8 MIDI Router
Western Digital MyBook "Essential" ... this is a USB3 device, but it's plugged into a USB2 port
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0A
Logitech Wireless Keyboard
Apple Cinema Display
Rocketfish Bluetooth
AKAI S6000 Midi Stereo Digital Sampler
USB2 hub

*Not using any Lacie USB3 device, but I have a Western Digital MyBook USB3 external drive -- doesn't seem to work when plugged into a USB3 port.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
I'll post the firmware when I get the chance to reboot again.
I believe F8 DSDT and F8 BIOS.

OSX 10.7.2
Install Method: Started with an Intel mobo hack (see hack#2 sig), 10.6.3, 10.6.7, 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2 ... then cloned the 10.7.2 working setup and moved it to this Gigabyte mobo hack, re-run MB, re-run Chimera. -- currently running latest Chimera and Multibeast.realtek.png

Attachments

• realtek.png
    realtek.png
    53 KB · Views: 1,276

I originally did not have the issue, then it started a couple of months ago, then solved the issue yesterday see first post:

Firmware: F11F (also tried F8/9)
USB Devices: Logitech C910 Camera, Logitech G700 Wireless Mouse, IOGEAR Bluetooth, Fujitsu Scansnap, Corsair Flash Drive, Microsoft Arc Keyboard
Ethernet: Official RealtTek from Multibeast

I do have the issue. Bluetooth usb module takes a few seconds to come back and then only detects my trackpad but not my magic mouse, I have to manually connect it.

My Apple keyboard does not come back, I have to replug it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
Firmware: F6 with matching DSDT
OSX: 10.7.2 installed via Unibeast
USB devices: Apple wired keyboard, Trust bluetooth module

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

USB devices:
  • Apple Cinema Display 27" (Mini Displayport & USB for audio, iSight and brightness control)[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Apple Wired Keyboard (plugged in Cinema Display's USB hub)[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Bluetooth dongle Jabra A320S -> Apple Magic Mouse [/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
I have the following issues after wake:
  • I have to wait about 40 seconds until Keyboard responds (but I don't need to replug it!).[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Then another 3-4 seconds until Bluetooth recognizes my Magic Mouse[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Display audio does not work after wake, can be restarted using terminal command "sudo killall coreaudiod"[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Display iSight does not work until restart or replugging of Cinema Display[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]
  • Display brightness control does not work (neither by keyboard nor by system preference) until restart or repluggin of Cinema Display[/*:m:1bbsm5yd]

System board -
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, rev.1, firmware F4

USB 2.0 devices -
Western Digital Elements USB 2.0 HDD
Apple aluminium wired keyboard
Technika BT dongle (rebadged Hitachi, CSR chipset)
Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD
Wacom Intuos 4L
Belkin self powered USB hub
Iomega Zip 100 (really!)
HP Deskjet F2450

USB 3.0 Devices -
None

USB 3.0 driver -
None

OS X version & install method -
10.7.2, UniBeast & MultiBeast

Network driver -
Lnx2Mac

The system will sleep from the ? menu, cmd-opt-eject keyboard shortcut and power button. Wakes from power button or keyboard but keyboard, Magic Mouse and any mounted USB drives are not recognised. USB drives are treated as if not properly put away. Even though the system can wake from the keyboard, no keyboard input is possible after wake. Keyboard USB ports are active and I can run a wired Mighty Mouse through it. Keyboard and BT usually fail to come back even after a replug.

powerpcg5 said:
OSX 10.7.2
Install Method: Started with an Intel mobo hack (see hack#2 sig), 10.6.3, 10.6.7, 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2 ... then cloned the 10.7.2 working setup and moved it to this Gigabyte mobo hack, re-run MB, re-run Chimera. -- currently running latest Chimera and Multibeast.

Interesting as my original Lion install that worked was P67 Board -> Lion GM -> 10.7.1 -> Z68 board -> 10.7.2 However it worked even with 10.7.2 until I (not in brightest idea) decided to start fresh with unibeast. Might be something there?

I was thinking about the same thing.... all "problem" installs seem to be Unibeast from scratch installs.

Revision: 1.3
Firmware: F9
USB Devices: D-link webcam, Logitech mouse, Apple wired keyboard
Ethernet driver from Multibeast 4.2.1 (Lnx2Mac)

Have the same problem, devices wakes up after 3-4 seconds, apple keyboard after 30-40 seconds.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68P-DS3
Firmware: F4
OSX Version: 10.7.2 (Multibeast 4.1, Chimera 1.54, Base Installtion was 10.7 retail)
USB Devices: Logitech S530 Keyboard/LAserMouse, 2 x Sharkoon USB2 HDD Docks, Epson V300 Scanner, Behringer USC202 Audio Device

Issues: Scanner not recognized from within "Image Capture" but usable with VueScan 9. Keyboard and Mouse seem to work. USB HDDs are disconnected while sleek and have issues after wake.
Most boring issues with sleep are for me: Triple Display solution with my Radeon HD (PowerColor, Silent, 1 GB, DVI-DVI-active Displayport) makes problems after sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back