Contribute
Register

Data Collection & Possible solution to Z68 USB issues! Vote!

Does your CustoMac have USB issues when waking from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please Vote! Data collection for possible Z68 USB issues.

tom_bb said:
philz said:
That's more than likely the same issue as the Apple keyboard. There is some low level functionality that can't be changed sadly in the handling of special keys on a mac keyboard. It's quite perplexing. I tried to get a non-apple keyboard to have fully functional media keys and it was a miserable experience lol.

You're right! The keyboard shortcuts for Sleep and Display-Off don't work after wake as well. That's strange! It worked perfectly with 10.6.8 ... In Lion, only replugging brings back the full functionality.

Lion changed the handling for some peculiar reason. If you had a non-Apple keyboard before Lion and had media keys (granted they had to work in Snow to begin with) all that works now is the play/pause button. Nothing else. It's pretty dam frustrating in a way. Makes you stay with an apple keyboard, but it's also not even remotely useable to play games in windows, and not to mention the USB one has to be replugged...! ARGH!

surfcaster said:
GA-Z68MA-D2h-B3 iBoot+Multibeast 10.7.0 + update 10.7.1 + multibeast + update 10.7.2 + multibeast + update 10.7.3 r/11D33 + multibeast, no problems after sleep or after the suspension, bluetoth, usb, ok all

Didn't give any of the info asked for in the first post... What USB devices? Which Ethernet Kext?

At this point it's seemingly dependent on your ethernet Kext.

powerpcg5 said:
UPDATE: No issues, other than the few seconds wait (4-5 sec) for the Microsoft mouse to become alive again after sleep.. Switching to official Realtek drivers fixed the mouse wake-up lag problem!
Unfortunately, using the Realtek drivers broke bridged networking in Parallels Virtual Machines. The Lyx2Mac does NOT have this problem though. It will be great if Lynx2Mac can be fixed to avoid that mouse wake-up lag problem.

Using the following USB devices: All plugged into USB2 ports
Viking Memory Card reader USB2.0
Zebra LP2844 Thermal Printer
APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply
Edirol UM-880, 8x8 MIDI Router
Western Digital MyBook "Essential" ... this is a USB3 device, but it's plugged into a USB2 port
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0A
Logitech Wireless Keyboard
Apple Cinema Display
Rocketfish Bluetooth
AKAI S6000 Midi Stereo Digital Sampler
USB2 hub

*Not using any Lacie USB3 device, but I have a Western Digital MyBook USB3 external drive -- doesn't seem to work when plugged into a USB3 port.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
I'll post the firmware when I get the chance to reboot again.
I believe F8 DSDT and F8 BIOS.

OSX 10.7.2
Install Method: Started with an Intel mobo hack (see hack#2 sig), 10.6.3, 10.6.7, 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2 ... then cloned the 10.7.2 working setup and moved it to this Gigabyte mobo hack, re-run MB, re-run Chimera. -- currently running latest Chimera and Multibeast.realtek.png

Does your "disk drives (USB/WD/LaCie)" reattach after sleep? It might just be my Corsair Voyager 16gb USB3 drive that does not (plugged into USB2). Otherwise no issues at all with USB items.

I apologize, English is not my language.
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet ethernet kext = 2.0.6 for 10.7
Bluetoth USB = D-Link 122, PCTV Nano Stick, several USB flash drives + 100GB IOMEGA powered by the USB port. + Keyboard and mouse
F8 BIOS, revision 1.0

surfcaster said:
I apologize, English is not my language.
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet ethernet kext = 2.0.6 for 10.7
Bluetoth USB = D-Link 122, PCTV Nano Stick, several USB flash drives + 100GB IOMEGA powered by the USB port. + Keyboard and mouse
F8 BIOS, revision 1.0

Perfect so it seems my solution is spot on in terms of the ethernet Kext causing the issue.

Do your drives work after sleep? The flash drives/IOmega?

Are there any problems with iCloud or App Store after switching to the Realtek driver? Also, is switching just a case of deleting the Linx2Mac kext and installing the Realtek?

roguedesigner said:
Are there any problems with iCloud or App Store after switching to the Realtek driver? Also, is switching just a case of deleting the Linx2Mac kext and installing the Realtek?

Mac App store and iCloud, are dependent on your serial number more so than ethernet Kext. I have no issue with either, but I use a custom serial for a Mac Pro that I've been using for a while with this build. It's worth the time to make one... (Your computer can be defined as something else, like iMac 12,1 and still have a serial from a different product. Images and all OS is based off the identifier.)

Ok so a partial success. BT reconnects after sleep following a short lag but my WD Elements HD is still ejected and I have to replug the keyboard. An improvement all the same :thumbup:

roguedesigner said:
Ok so a partial success. BT reconnects after sleep following a short lag but my WD Elements HD is still ejected and I have to replug the keyboard. An improvement all the same :thumbup:

What keyboard and what was your method of uninstall lnx2mac? Does the WD elements reconnect even though it's Ejected?

Does your "disk drives (USB/WD/LaCie)" reattach after sleep?

Yes, no problem in this area even with the Lnx2Mac or Realtek drivers.
Western Digital MyBook "Essential" model HD icon shows up 16-17 seconds after wake-up.
My other devices like APC UPS attaches first before WD drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back