Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
JUST got the boot0 error fixed by dragging the boot1h file over, and Chimera bootloader does start!

BUT NOW, I'm getting this boot error:
Starting Darwin x86
Boot Args: boot-uuid=BFE1B10A-B1Ce-3A70-B887-56A37FA0FFB1 rd=*uuid arch=i386 npci=0x3000 -v

This is on an ivy bridge Z77-D3H

Screenshot_2013-01-10-21-40-17.jpg

I have this same issue with SL 10.6.8. Tried both Chimera 1.7 and 2.1.1 with ivy bridge & ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional board w/ no DSDT. Tried manual install of booth1 by unmounting the boot disk but still no luck. Did you ever get a fix for this? My system boots fine with iBoot disk.

I also can't get the App store to work and I'm wondering if these two issues are related. I've tried every fix I can find for the App store and still get an unknown error message. I'm connected to my network via wireless PCI card through airport. Can't get my Ethernet to show in the network setup utility though I've tried a couple of different kexts for the Broadcom BCM57781 LAN chip

JUST got the boot0 error fixed by dragging the boot1h file over, and Chimera bootloader does start!

BUT NOW, I'm getting this boot error:
Starting Darwin x86
Boot Args: boot-uuid=BFE1B10A-B1Ce-3A70-B887-56A37FA0FFB1 rd=*uuid arch=i386 npci=0x3000 -v

This is on an ivy bridge Z77-D3H

View attachment 43457

coolblue8

If you expect OSX to boot from the Hard Drive - with the Snow Leopard kernel - this will never work with out a modified kernel.

If all you want to do is to install MOUNTAIN LION (purchase from the Apple App Store.) You need to use the TonyMacX86 iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD.

This is a special one that will allow you to install Snow Leopard and combo update 10.6.8 - to get to the Apple App store inorder to purchase download and make the USB thumb drive w UniBeast.

You will need to use the CD for all of the boot functions that would be on the hard Drive - Boot from CD select Sl partition and boot SL for there w the switches you need.

You should look at this link which covers this procedure - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

You also may want to use a modded BIOS or make one for yourself w the tools that are posted.

Remember that not all newer Video Cards work w Snow Leopard and that for best results you should use the internal HD3000 or HD4000 Graphics of the CPU. And use the newer video card w Mountain Lion,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back