1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My computer was recently built and I have a cheap EVGA video card in it, however, the screen keeps dark until it hits the login screen for every bootup. I was wondering what might be the reason/cause. Before I plug in the video card, however, I was able to see the bootloader with the onboard CPU-integrated graphics.

This made me wonder if I should disable the CPU-integrated graphics in BIOS. Any idea/suggestion would be appreciated.

My video card: [h=1]EVGA 02G-P3-2732-KR GeForce GT 730 2GB 128-Bit DDR3[/h]

You need to set your initial device to the PCIE card instead of the IGP in your bios.

You need to set your initial device to the PCIE card instead of the IGP in your bios.

I got a new problem after setting the initial display to PCIE in BIOS:

Although I am able to see the bootloader, however, the screen becomes black when it hits the login page. I am using the nvidia web driver. Any possible cause for this? thanks

I got a new problem after setting the initial display to PCIE in BIOS:

Although I am able to see the bootloader, however, the screen becomes black when it hits the login page. I am using the nvidia web driver. Any possible cause for this? thanks

Are you using iMac15,1 or MacPro6,1 as your system profile?

@slim.jim: I think I use MacPro 6,1 as my profile. If that's the problem, I wonder what profile I should use and where can I change the profile? I used multibeast to install it

Using the MacPro6,1 is definitely the cause. If it is a haswell Z97 build the I would recommend iMac14,2 and you can use multibeast to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back