Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everytime I create a USB stick for 10.8 and then try to run the install I get the error "This copy of the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app application is damaged, and can't be used to install OS*X." but if I try the same file downloaded from app store in the /Applications folder I used to make the USB stick it is fine. I have re-downloaded the file many times and have tried both 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 but to no avail. Never had any problems like this when creating USB sticks of 10.7(though that was using a apple bought USB stick of 10.7 to create my boot stick). What am I doing wrong? Should I just move on to the xmove way of upgrading from 10.7 for my numerous hackintoshs?

I'm having the same problems: once Unibeast has finished writing to the USB stick and I try to run the resultant install file, I get an error message stating: "This copy of the Install OS X Mountain Lion application is damaged ..." .

Like you, I've also tried multiple downloads, and the "Install OS X Mountain Lion" package in my applications folder also appears undamaged and doesn't throw up this error when run from there.

If you find out what's causing it, please let me know.

Cheers

P

My unibeast usb drive is the same as yours saying its damaged
just install it works fine to install
i am running mountain lion now off the same so called broken unibeast usb drive that says the installation file is damaged+as you.

It says that if you try to install it from the drive within the operating system because unibeast has made modifications to the actual downloaded file. You can not install from within OSX, you need to boot from the thumb drive and install that way and it will work fine. Every UB drive will error out inside OSX.

Thanks Nobby and Roadrunner!
That'll teach me for thinking myself clever by testing the install file in that way! :(
It's all OK now as you say.
Thanks again
P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back