Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX-760
Hi,

I have a new 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installation with zero net access... I have a TP Link WN 781 ND PCI card which OSx doesn't recognise is there so I bought a D-Link DWA-140 USB Wireless adaptor. Plugging it in, it isn't recognised. I downloaded the top driver (an octet file?!) from here:

http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support ... php?sn=502

from a different computer, transferred and double clicked it, it opens in Terminal but doesn't seem to install and the D-Link doesn't work, the LED doesn't come on or blink, nothing...

Can anyone help with either adaptor?

I tried that, the card didn't show up... I think maybe I'm missing something obvious!

I was looking in system profiler last night and the d-link dwa-140 was showing up in there, but there is no wireless connection available according to the network wizard.

This whole process is very confusing to a noob haha.

Hi
Im also a noob and not able to install the Wireless D-Link DWA-140 driver.

i download the USB(RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X) on http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support ... php?sn=502

the kext wizard or kextinstaller won't accept this driver-file RTUSB.

if i double-click the executable-unix-file RTUSB, the terminal open it and shows: cannot execute binary file

ps: the Edimax EW-7612UAn V2 USB-Wireless have installable drivers for SL and Lion, but didn't work :(

:crazy: thanks for help!

At insanelymac the DWA-140 is recommended for Lion.
But the Ralink on insanelymac-forums are all removed on Ralink. There was a dmg installer in the past!! Now the only one on Ralink for mac is this curios 10.5MB RTUSB file.

It looks like an restriction for us!
Its already the second Wifi-Stick which not work :banghead:

Michelli said:
At insanelymac_ the DWA-140 is recommended for Lion.
But the Ralink on insanelymac_-forums are all removed on Ralink. There was a dmg installer in the past!! Now the only one on Ralink for mac is this curios 10.5MB RTUSB file.

It looks like an restriction for us!
Its already the second Wifi-Stick which not work :banghead:

Try to download it again to get the dmg!
Well, if i download it on my MBP SnowLeo, there was only this curios 10.5MB RTUSB-file, but no dmg!! I tried it various times! With Lion it download a dmg!!
Or may they change it now on the Website, because I wrote an email request to Ralink. I can't verifie it now with my MBP and SL.

Anyway, it works now on Lion. I don't know how stabile. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back