GT240
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Purchased a DBT-122 online to marry up with my magic trackpad. Ever since i've plugged it in, my hack freezes after around 10 minutes. Is there a kext to get it working properly? Or maybe a way to flash it back to a dbt-120 (which is apparently sweet oob)

Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

I dont know if this will work, but so far with the bluetooth dongle plugged into my Al keyboard, its been stable (previously into the front of my tower). I dont know if how or why this will work, but i'll report back after work tomorrow.

Also of note is that I've upgraded to 10.6.7 now.

Cheers

Chris

Hey,

I just got one of these bluetooth dongles and I can't get it to work whatsoever, I plug it in and see the light on the dongle, but I can't access my bluetooth through system prefs, it just says 'You can't open the Bluetooth preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time'. Any ideas?

Running a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard on OSX 10.7.3

Cheers,
Bill.

Does anyone make it work??

Resurrecting a dead thread, but there was an unanswered question there.

At my FractalPro build I have a latest-model Magic Mouse which I figured it would be convenient to use. I had been using a Logitech M505 mouse with its "Unifying" RF module connected to one side of a wired Apple keyboard, but one of the buttons has developed a stutter, and this Magic Mouse was lying around...
Last week I was using the Magic Mouse with a Targus ACB75 (BT 4.0) dongle connected into the other side of the keyboard (both RF modules are small enough that they're invisible from above) and everything worked fine.

Today I brought in a DBT-122 (which has been sitting in a box since it was last used with a Blue-toothless eMac!) and substituted that for the Targus module (it's destined for another machine). After re-pairing the mouse, it's working great. The DBT-122 is larger and the end with the lights sticks out about a centimetre from the side of the keyboard, but that's OK.

This is with OS X 10.8.2, "out of the box" regarding Bluetooth. So yes, the DBT-122 Just Works.

Having these RF modules on the desk ensures that there should be no signal-strength issues talking to the mouse (as compared to hiding down behind the machine below the desk). If I was using a wireless keyboard the module would instead be connected to the underside of my monitor (which is where the keyboard is currently connected) which would still result in good signal strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back