Graphics
Intel 4000HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What's up guys, turned my hackintosh on today, and got the following persistent error message saying CVMCompiler quit unexpectedly (photo below) also system preferences is crashing alot and finder and the menu bar are missing icons! All happened at the same time, I'm running 10.10.2 on my acer, it's been working for a year and now this has happened! Any help would be appreciated! :) (I will upload photo tomorrow)

What's up guys, turned my hackintosh on today, and got the following persistent error message saying CVMCompiler quit unexpectedly (photo below) also system preferences is crashing alot and finder and the menu bar are missing icons! All happened at the same time, I'm running 10.10.2 on my acer, it's been working for a year and now this has happened! Any help would be appreciated! :) (I will upload photo tomorrow)

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

It's an acer e1-571 i5 3rd gen, 10.10.2, dsdt edited and working, have had no problems since now, surely that helps?

It's an acer e1-571 i5 3rd gen, 10.10.2, dsdt edited and working, have had no problems since now, surely that helps?

Yes it does (and don't call me Shirley).

Moved to Laptop Support.

No photo is attached.

Maybe time for a fresh install.

Follow one of the guides linked by the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Is it normal for your hackintosh to fail? If so is there ways to stop it from happening? I mean it's been running perfectly for a year, the error message doesn't return alto on Google, bugger I guess reinstalling now I have a dsdt isn't so bad!

Attachments

• 20150713_213802.jpg
    20150713_213802.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 201
Is it normal for your hackintosh to fail? If so is there ways to stop it from happening? I mean it's been running perfectly for a year, the error message doesn't return alto on Google, bugger I guess reinstalling now I have a dsdt isn't so bad!

Looks to me like no QE/CI. Probably never installed correctly in the first place...

QE/CI isnt the issue as it still runs the same as before, playing LoL earlier. It's taken me a year or two to get this far, and all you can say is I've not installed it correctly? Thought you guys would help haha :( ah well I'll reinstall and wait till it breaks again

QE/CI isnt the issue as it still runs the same as before, playing LoL earlier. It's taken me a year or two to get this far, and all you can say is I've not installed it correctly? Thought you guys would help haha :( ah well I'll reinstall and wait till it breaks again

Just going off the image you provided... no QE/CI.

If you want to prove otherwise...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Did most of what you said, attached are the rehab man zip and my IOReg (just open IOReg and save as?) not sure about the last part? put it in terminal and it returned the following

Mikes-MacBook-Pro:~ Mike$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82ae0000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Mikes-MacBook-Pro:~ Mike$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
23 0 0xffffff7f82987000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
Mikes-MacBook-Pro:~ Mike$

View attachment Mike’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

View attachment RehabMan.zip

sorry if I've done it wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back