Contribute
Register

Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for doubling, will remove the other one. i will look after it and try to make it work. thanx for the info

EDIT:
I must apologize because i have just figured out that i am in the wrong thread. Please remove my post. Thanx

P.S. i did not found anything in the BIOS setup for the coax. optical working fine, but i need coax, in sound setup i just have digital out (optical digital-out port). if you could send me a p.m. i will really appreciate it. thanx in advance and sorry for wrong posting, it will not happen again.

P.S. i did not found anything in the BIOS setup for the coax. optical working fine, but i need coax, in sound setup i just have digital out (optical digital-out port).
System Prefs will always say Optical; the kext does not know or care. If you can't find the setting in your BIOS, check the manual or contact the motherboard manufacturer.

i have edited my applehda kext for 2 wire spdif from motherboard, i have made a custom connector and now its working. i have done something wrong with the zlib file. if someone needs it i can upload it. sorry toleda for making the problems here with my posts. you can delete them and i will move the whole thing to the AppleHDA ML three. thanx anyway.

P.S. yes it says optical, but before my edit just the optical was working, the 2 wire spdif(coax) was not.

yes it says optical, but before my edit just the optical was working, the 2 wire spdif(coax) was not.
Three choices - you confused your terms
Optical SPDIF - Optical/No edit
Coax SPDIF - Coax/No edit - BIOS setting/not mentioned in the Customization Guide
2 Wire SPDIF - 2 wire/AppleHDA edit.
2 wire is not Coax. Cable TV wire is Coax.

ok, it is my fault of not defining properly, it was the 2 wire spdif from the motherboard that i used with a connector to get coax spdif....anyway i made it work thanx to your guide :) thanx one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back