Contribute
Register

Customize the Lion Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
__jet__ said:
I found a workaround by editing System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist. Just delete these 2 lines and the no keyboard problem will be skipped:

<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Worked beautifully for me on a Dell Inspiron 14z (N411Z) - built using UniBeast thumb drive in left USB port. Laptop's built-in PS2 keyboard and mouse function quite well, once past this aggravating issue :)

To make the edit, I booted into safe mode, using -s flag in Chameleon. After performing fsck and mount, navigated to the above folder and opened Info.plist using pico. A quick search, delete the offending lines, write it out and reboot!

David

Can't delete these 2 lines from info.plist file...
writing error read only file...
help please..

What I did was boot off the unibeast USB like I was going to install again. Then from the Utilities menu selected Terminal. From there I was able to change into my Lion volume and follow the intructions above. It allowed me to get past the message on my laptop. Hope it helps.

Hi !

I found and edited this file to my Lion desktop computer. I deleted the two lines then copied it to the USB key. And I installed it to my Laptop (inspiron 14z.)
The installation works fine (Without USB, without wireless, and without sound)
Is there a special kext for the USB ?
Are the special options to choose in Multibeast ?

It's weird I don't even have the Setup folder it seems!?

Guys I had the same problem. When it is looking for KB. Just attach USB as soon as it passes the screen just remove USB. as laptop's KB is working. Though Lion not able to determine which kind of KB it is. so It ask me to press key which is on the right of left shift and then key which is on the left of right shift. then it recognize it as just ANSI 101 or 102 keys KB.
Then you can go to system pref > buletooth setup assistent and uncheck everything then press. ok.
I have explained this way in my guide installing Lion on Lenovo y560p
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=63741

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back