i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This for me proved to be far more difficult than in Sierra because if installing High Sierra using file system APFS, you will have three partitions on Clover Boot Menu, FileVault Prebooter, macOS High Sierra and Recovery and if like me you want to change the partition labels or hide the ones you don't want for every day use (specially handy for multi booting), hiding is very useful using Clover Configurator. Finding the correct attributes for each partition proved a little irksome because if you get it wrong, you'll end up with four partitions. I managed it through trial and error even though I was following a tutorial. See my examples.

Mods if I have posted in the wrong forum please move.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.36.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.36.30.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 4,573
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.37.12.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.37.12.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 4,773
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.51.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.51.03.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 4,361
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 21.47.23.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 21.47.23.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 3,465
Last edited:
would probably be helpful if you posted a link to the guide you followed or at least the Title of the guide.
I don't think everyone will be able to follow what you did without some directions. (think newbies)

also I noticed that you took screenshots of your clover boot screen.
you can accomplish this in clover by pressing F10
the screen capture is saved here: EFI\CLOVER\MISC

would probably be helpful if you posted a link to the guide you followed or at least the Title of the guide.
I don't think everyone will be able to follow what you did without some directions. (think newbies)

also I noticed that you took screenshots of your clover boot screen.
you can accomplish this in clover by pressing F10
the screen capture is saved here: EFI\CLOVER\MISC

Thanks for the 'screen shot tip' and duely noted - you see I/we are constantly learning every day, great site!!! - the tutorial I spoke of is from a site that has some sort of beef with this one and I don't want to fall foul of the rules here. To be quite honest I thought by looking at the posted pics would be enough to fathom the process. As I have declared in the past, if I can do it anyone can - I am no spring chicken, I'm in my twilight years and more of a hobbyist.

Thanks for your interesting post... finding out DISK-UUID is no problem, but where did you get the "path" from?

regards,
Christoph

Hello,

Thank you for your post - could you post in details how did you find the correct UUIDs? I have two drives - for MacOS and for Windows and have a lot of partitions there.
For example - what is Recovery and what is High Sierra? Is recovery EFI? And how did you find the UUID for FileVault Prebooter?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back