Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha okay.... Don't understand what happened but I switched ram to the darker slots and now everything is working fine again.

Only thing I can see that may because ram isnt in right spot? when in bios it says rams running at 1300 mhz instead of 1600??

2013-02-05 18.33.05.jpg2013-02-05 18.33.12.jpg2013-02-05 18.55.36.jpg2013-02-05 18.55.42.jpg2013-02-05 21.39.59.jpg2013-02-05 21.48.02.jpg
there is the blue screen, and there is the ram speed. Currently i have windowos 8 installed but i havent put in the big grapihics card yet. also the ram is now currently in the darker slots not the light

haha okay.... Don't understand what happened but I switched ram to the darker slots and now everything is working fine again.

Only thing I can see that may because ram isnt in right spot? when in bios it says rams running at 1300 mhz instead of 1600??

View attachment 45674View attachment 45675View attachment 45676View attachment 45677View attachment 45678View attachment 45679
there is the blue screen, and there is the ram speed. Currently i have windowos 8 installed but i havent put in the big grapihics card yet. also the ram is now currently in the darker slots not the light

Blue screen = bios reset screen = I hope you got past this, only way I got past this with my Win7 drive was to delete everything and repartition it... from within the windows installation process. Will install Mac and make my build post next week.

Read your motherboard for where you shold put your ram-theres usually a section. Is your ram 1600, 1866, or 1333?

EDIT: Have you made a flash drive with Unibeast/Multibeast/Mountain Lion installer on it...? Or are you going to start from booting from windows 8?

Blue screen = bios reset screen = I hope you got past this, only way I got past this with my Win7 drive was to delete everything and repartition it... from within the windows installation process. Will install Mac and make my build post next week.

Read your motherboard for where you shold put your ram-theres usually a section. Is your ram 1600, 1866, or 1333?

EDIT: Have you made a flash drive with Unibeast/Multibeast/Mountain Lion installer on it...? Or are you going to start from booting from windows 8?

ram is 1600, i posted pic of manual of where to put it in previous post and i cant make sense of it.

i have two ssds installed windows 8 on one and then once i figure out how to plug in everything in the case properly i will install mountain lion. yes i have my flash drive ready with unibeast etc.

i am currently using windows 8 as we speak =)

ram is 1600, i posted pic of manual of where to put it in previous post and i cant make sense of it.

i have two ssds installed windows 8 on one and then once i figure out how to plug in everything in the case properly i will install mountain lion. yes i have my flash drive ready with unibeast etc.

i am currently using windows 8 as we speak =)

Put your RAM in DDR3_1 and DDR3_2, if thats not what you have done already.

As far as why your ram is running slow, I also have a gigabyte mobo, UD5h, 3770k, and GSkill 1866. In bios it says they are running at 1600, in CPUZ it says 800(CPUZ problem happens a ton).

Indeed. This will let the machine run the RAM in dual-channel mode. If you don't do this it will still run, although in slower single-channel mode.

But it is different from the RAM frequency. The BIOS will default to running the RAM at 1333 MHz. While this is fine and you should be able to get the machine up and running with no problems, if you select XMP Profile1 in the BIOS's RAM settings it should query the XMP information in the DIMMs and auto-select the right frequency and timings.

At the "BIOS has been reset" screen, load Optimized Defaults. Then when you're in that funky graphical BIOS, there's a selection to disable the "3D BIOS" and go to the traditional text interface where you can access everything.

As far as why your ram is running slow, I also have a gigabyte mobo, UD5h, 3770k, and GSkill 1866. In bios it says they are running at 1600, in CPUZ it says 800(CPUZ problem happens a ton).

Did this and it still worked properly!

also! I just arrowed down and said enter boot. And i was at the 3d looking one do I need to go back and optimize settings?

Also I thought I had this figured out but maybe I did it backwards.

I was trying to follow this link http://www.rochetechnology.com/hackintosh/?currentPage=2

Basically I have two separate hard drives.

I thought I had to install windows 8 first?, but it sounds like I needed to install osx first? because then chimeran can be used to boot into windows 7?

If im still good to go what do I need to do now?

The only reason I can think of to install Windows first is when you're installing into multiple partitions on the same drive, so that the Windows boot blocks will be replaced with Chimera which can boot into either partition. Otherwise Windows would crap all over the Chimera stuff.

If you're installing Windows onto a separate drive it shouldn't matter. When you boot off the drive with Chimera it will give you the option to continue into Windows on the other drive.

When installing Win7/8 on a separate HDD/SSD, the only problem you might run into in that on a UEFI board the installer might want to install UEFI, in which case Chimera/chameleon can't see the boot files as they will be EFI.

Use the function key to select a boot device and look at the entries for your DVD-RW drive. You should see on with UEFI listed in the title and one without. Select the one without.

Okay my plan for today is to install osx.

Tell me if you think this will work? Unplug the ssd with windows installed and install osx then once finish plug hard drive back in and chimeran should let me boot into it?

My other plan is to just watch it and make sure it boots to unibeast/osx side every time it restarts?

also when im on osx side the hard drive is not shown anywherE? aka I can't find extra folder to change .plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back