CPU
Core i7-6700K - 4.01 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4095MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Dear Hackintoshers,

INTRO: I am by no means a knowledgeable PC/Hackintosh builder. However, thanks to this site, I have managed to successfully build 4 Hackintosh computers... so I know enough to get myself into trouble. That said, I am on my 5th build and have run into an issues I have not experienced before. The issue really has to do with the Computer hardware and not the Hackintosh portion of the build. I've chosen to go high end and build a CustoMac Pro. The components come directly from the TonyMac Buyers Guide and are listed below.

PROBLEM: When I power on the machine, it seems to begin starting up (LEDs turn on, the fans spin) but within 10 to 20 seconds it powers off. Nothing appears on the screen during any portion of the attempted "startup". A few seconds later it attempts to startup again and the process repeats. If left alone, it will cycle like this indefinitely. I've looked online for other people with this same or similar issue and the answers they seem to find is that there is a hardware conflict. While this may indeed be the issue, the TonyMac Buyers Guide seems to suggest the hardware components should all work together. I also understand that this could simply be a bad/faulty component. Wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and found a solution and/or if someone has successfully attempted my same/similar build?

COMPONENTS LIST:
MB: Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
RAM: 64GB Ballistix Sport Gaming Memory
CPU: 9th Gen Core i9 Unlocked
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 - 8Gb GDDR5
COOLER: Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
POWER: Corsair RM850x
WIFI: TP-LINK AC 1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Adapter
HD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Any Help/Advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Any Help/Advice would be appreciated.
Check that your BIOS revision supports the processor that you have installed - CPU support list.

Reduce to minimum configuration and test.
Motherboard with CPU, one DIMM and onboard graphics.
Once it POSTs you can add other components one at time until you discover the problem item or it works.

P1LGRIM, Thank you very much for your suggestions. According to the manufacturer's website, the Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi support 8th and 9th Gen Intel Processors... so that's good.
I then reduced to essential components as you suggested (Motherboard with CPU, one DIMM and onboard graphics.). Unfortunately the problem still persisted. I have ordered and new processor AND motherboard and will swap those out to test. Thank you for your help.

According to the manufacturer's website, the Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi support 8th and 9th Gen Intel Processors... so that's good.

You have missed the point.
Look at the CPU support list and see how some ninth generation processors work with the F5 BIOS revision but some require an upgrade to F8 :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back