Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro - None of Motherboards listed are for sale???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-F10-Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
I am confused. The CustoMac Pro Buyer's Guide lists the following motherboards: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H, and Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, yet none of these are currently being sold by Newegg, Amazon or anyone else. Is the buyer's guide no longer being maintained?

Thank you. Ed.

I am confused. The CustoMac Pro Buyer's Guide lists the following motherboards: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H, and Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, yet none of these are currently being sold by Newegg, Amazon or anyone else. Is the buyer's guide no longer being maintained?

Thank you. Ed.
Gigabyte has stopped making those and now mainly makes just the socket 1151 motherboards.
Generally we've updated to the next gen motherboards by this time. OS X El Capitan is still not easily installed on the 100 series motherboards, hence Z97 Haswell refresh is the better choice. You can still get the UD3H non-BK version, it's exactly the same except for the color of the heatsinks. There are also many Asus Z97 ATX boards that will work just as well. Links to those are in the Guide. Eventually the Skylake builds will be in the guide it's just taking longer than normal this time around. Once Apple releases more Macs with 100 series chipsets and Skylake CPUs they will be in the Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back