Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

Loki7 said:
I don't think I've installed anything else. Once I tried to install little snitch and I KPed, verbosed, and uninstalled it.

As for the hackintosh, I'm not sure what more details to give than what's in my signature. It's this build http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html except I bought the 950 instead of the 930 @ Newegg and Amazon.

I'm only at the FE Bios for the UD3R rev 2.0. I only have the graphics card in the PCI-slot. I'm unplugging everything, and I'll sleep again.

Sorry I know it must be frustrating. If you can try a fresh install then I would.

5750_install.jpgHad a fully working system using the 9800 GT video card. Wanted to install a new Radeon HD 5750 (HIS model H575FN1GD). Tried to install in existing installation by running MultiBeast 3.3 and selecting the ATI experimental bootloader. This resulted in a no boot situation. Tried editing the ATI5000controller.kext to add the ID of the card--same result. Installed ATY_init.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext with Kext Helper. Also installed ATY_init.kext in E/E. This allowed the system to boot and work fully.

Reading in here I saw that it should work with the latest bootloader without all the kexts. So, I erased a backup drive and installed a fresh copy of 10.6 then updated to 10.6.6 with a combo updater. I downloaded a fresh copy of the DSDT for my motherboard. Then I ran MultiBeast 3.3 with the options shown in the first message of this thread. Now it will not boot.

Attached is a photo of the screen when booting in verbose mode.

I need help. Thanks.

Attachments

• 5750_install.jpg
    5750_install.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 150

I followed Notshys Guide, all was well except audio, so i was on the audio forum on here and did one reccomendation along with the macman realtek audio blog directions...one thing i think i did wrong when i was reinstalling multibeast was i clicked 'user dsdt' along with system repair and realtek audio...so when i rebooted the chameleon countdown screen comes on and acts as if i am booting regularly, but when timer completes bam!! the screen goes blank,
I have been reading this thread and have tried:
Reconnecting Screen-didnt work
GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Uakari-nothing happened
" " '' '' '' '' ''Vervet-Nothing happened
"-x"(without quotations)-didnt work
arch=i386 -didnt work
Please help me as I installed all my software, so if i have to do a fresh install I will have a ridiculously hard time re-installing. In particular Adobe, I spoke with them and I need to go in and Deactivate the serial. and I have files i uploaded to transfer external hard drives but cleared out the original...so fresh install is not really an option....Thanks again guys and appreciate your help

kkoenning said:
5750_install.jpgHad a fully working system using the 9800 GT video card. Wanted to install a new Radeon HD 5750 (HIS model H575FN1GD). Tried to install in existing installation by running MultiBeast 3.3 and selecting the ATI experimental bootloader. This resulted in a no boot situation. Tried editing the ATI5000controller.kext to add the ID of the card--same result. Installed ATY_init.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext with Kext Helper. Also installed ATY_init.kext in E/E. This allowed the system to boot and work fully.

Reading in here I saw that it should work with the latest bootloader without all the kexts. So, I erased a backup drive and installed a fresh copy of 10.6 then updated to 10.6.6 with a combo updater. I downloaded a fresh copy of the DSDT for my motherboard. Then I ran MultiBeast 3.3 with the options shown in the first message of this thread. Now it will not boot.

I need help. Thanks.

Does OSX boot using iBoot?

bonhamjr007 said:
I followed Notshys Guide, all was well except audio, so i was on the audio forum on here and did one reccomendation along with the macman realtek audio blog directions...one thing i think i did wrong when i was reinstalling multibeast was i clicked 'user dsdt' along with system repair and realtek audio...so when i rebooted the chameleon countdown screen comes on and acts as if i am booting regularly, but when timer completes bam!! the screen goes blank,
I have been reading this thread and have tried:
Reconnecting Screen-didnt work
GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Uakari-nothing happened
" " '' '' '' '' ''Vervet-Nothing happened
"-x"(without quotations)-didnt work
arch=i386 -didnt work
Please help me as I installed all my software, so if i have to do a fresh install I will have a ridiculously hard time re-installing. In particular Adobe, I spoke with them and I need to go in and Deactivate the serial. and I have files i uploaded to transfer external hard drives but cleared out the original...so fresh install is not really an option....Thanks again guys and appreciate your help

Right - have you read the wording in the info box for if you click "UserDSDT" in MultiBeast ? It installs the default Chameleon Bootloader rather than the ATI one.

Boot using iBoot and re-run MultiBeast with the ATI Bootloader selected.

What did you use for Audio before MacMan's 8XX HDA method?

notshy said:
kkoenning said:

I need help. Thanks.

Does OSX boot using iBoot?

No, not after running Multibeast. It will boot with iBoot before running Multibeast.

notshy:

Would it be better to dump the 5750 and get a 5770- for ease of installation?

If so, would there be a recommendation or just one that is a dual slot with 2 DVI connectors, one HDMI connector and one display port connector?

Thanks.

kkoenning said:
notshy:

If so, would there be a recommendation or just one that is a dual slot with 2 DVI connectors, one HDMI connector and one display port connector?

Thanks.

Gigabyte Batmobile 5770 (see the 1st post for a link) - works brilliantly and you will have safety in numbers given it's the recommended card in the CustoMac build.

notshy said:
kkoenning said:
notshy:

Thanks.

Gigabyte Batmobile 5770 (see the 1st post for a link) - works brilliantly and you will have safety in numbers given it's the recommended card in the CustoMac build.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that if it appears as if the HIS 5750 will not work. Unfortunately, I already sent in the UPC codes and the vendor will not accept a return. I still would like to get it working, if possible, with Chameleon.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

kkoenning said:
notshy said:
kkoenning said:
notshy:

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that if it appears as if the HIS 5750 will not work. Unfortunately, I already sent in the UPC codes and the vendor will not accept a return. I still would like to get it working, if possible, with Chameleon.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Can you swap cards back to the ATI to confirm that OSX boots and that it's only a graphics card issue please.

If it is just the ATI card - then I think we need to work on framebuffers with the Kabyl bootfile or go back to ATI_Init.

Can you please post a link to the BIOS of your card? Either from a site or extract it yourself and upload it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back