Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
@notshy

I'm a little confused since you have the same MB as I do. Did you do something special to get sound working?
I had my hack set up following your guide here (thx again for that) and upgraded o Lion following Tony's xMove guide. But sound just doesn't work.
So I'm wondering, if I've missed something or did something wrong.
Thx in advance.

Cheers,

Ice

USB Rollback fixed it for me! Thx.

Her is my DSDT.aml bios FG1 for that mother board and I also have the ATI hd5870 Graphics card string already in my DSDT.aml I have HMI sound with this applhda.kext
Boo.plist GE=No x64bit lion 100% working
Multibeast check system utils userDSDT audio alc8xxx and rollback plus 3.0 usb net work I used 2.61 kexts with boot.plist

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>PCIRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default5</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    20.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Bin ALC889 AppleHDA Lion 11A459e.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
cecote20 said:
Her is my DSDT.aml bios FG1 for that mother board and I also have the ATI hd5870 Graphics card string already in my DSDT.aml I have HMI sound with this applhda.kext

Im running on the FF bios with the DSDT from the database. Had a few hickups on first boot but shes been running fine since, i have noticed the gfx card running hotter than normal.
Only thing i can think of is the ATI drivers in windows keep the card under clocked when you don't need the extra acceleration.
Any tips on keeper her cool?

Loki7 said:
Anyone else having sleep issues?

Moving from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, my sleep never works. It always turns the machine off. :(

Make sure "Start up automatically after a power failure" is checked in the Energy Saver System Preference Pane

Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

notshy said:
Jordan2Delta said:
notshy, thank you very much for your guide. :clap:

I followed your instructions very closely and I am happy to tell, my new ATI 5770 (Sapphire Vapor) is working flawlessly with fully enabled QE! :lol:

I had bad luck with no support for the nvidia GTX 570 and who knows when Apple is going to support this at all, so here I am with a fully working Hackintosh.

Thanks to you and everyone who made iBoot + Multibeast + ATI's Experimental Chameleon possible!! :wave:

You guyz rock!! :headbang:

Thanks for your kind words - glad to help!

All that I ask in return is can you have a browse of the forum from time to time and please help other people out who are having issues getting their ATI graphics to work or their CustoMac install and try to help or send them over to this thread?

The reason I re-wrote MacMan's excellent guide is that there are a large number of people out there who are using still using ATI_Init or some other boot files that aren't the ATI Experimental one and using the "UseATIRom" string. All of these methods are redundant given that Kabyl has done some excellent work to embed ATI graphics from within Chameleon !

Please help the rest of the community and enjoy your fully functional CustoMac Pro !!!

Hi notshy,

Thanks for all the support you are providing the community, very cool. I have a slightly different set up, more of a Custom iMac/Pro hybrid (Lynnfiled: GA-P55A-UD4P 4GB DDR3 i7-860 MSI HAWK 5770), installed from iBoot/MultiBeast 2.2.2 just after the SL Graphics update supporting the 5770 dropped (~9/2010).

Been on 10.6.4 ever since and have never updated, but still want to run 64-bit Kernel with full GFX support. I was able to get this working with ATY_Init(Vervet) (this may be modded, can't remember) and Trauma's modded boot-loader: boot7 with his Saphire 5770 ROM dump.

Source thread on insanely mac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1534244

Looking to update to 10.6.7 for security patches more native-ness etc. but am hesitant to mess with a functioning system. Read through a bunch of threads but am still a little confused...

So to get to the point: All I should need to do is remove the ATY_Init.kext run the 10.6.7 Combo update and rerun MultiBeast to rebuild caches and reinstall the Bootloader and enable 64-bit boot?

Or: If I run the combo update to 10.6.7, do I have to reinstall my DSDT, kexts, smbios etc, also? Finally would you recommend 10.6.5 over 10.6.7?

Anyway, tia man, you rock!

-j5

Added the -v flag to my com.apple.Boot.plist and now it's pretty much flawless. Just waiting for my DW1510 to arrive and I should be good to go.

Tony's guide to Lion says you only need 10.6.6 or latr,so I think I'll try a new install now! :clap:

Update - using notshy's guide here to 10.6.7 + 64 bit, then using tony's guide to Lion works perfectly!! thank you, so no need for me to go to 10.6.8 at all..

:headbang: :headbang:

So Unbeknownst to me my 10.6.7 hack was updated to 10.6.8 today... All I got on repeated restart at just about the moment the grey apple screen appears was a giant power button symbol and a message in several languages "you need to restart your computer..."

I decided to start from scratch again since last time it was kinda a breeze once I updated my Mobo BIOS to FF.

I started the tutorial from the beginning, and repartitioned the old boot drive so that everything was like new.

Now when I try to boot off of the freshly iBoot CD i get the same "you need to restart your computer..."

Should I factory reset my mobo and re update the BIOS? If so how do you do that? as i have already tried to update the BIOS and q-flash is not seeing the file on my USB drive.

super frustrating since it was working perfectly before. Any thoughts?

specs:

i7 930
gA-x58a-ud3R v2
OWC SSD
4GB G.SKill RAM
Sapphire 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back