Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RRRWWWAAAARRRRRR !!!!

All working here - just follow Tony's guide and it's a piece of cake.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BACK UP BEFORE YOU UPGRADE or just go for a fresh install on a blank HD 1st before hosing your system.

All working sounds good. Three questions:
1. Can you supply screenshots of your boot.plist, your Multibeast selection?
2. DisplayPort/DVI/HDMI? (which are you using/which works?)
3. Does 3D GFX work, which OpenGL Framework?

@notshy

I'm a little confused since you have the same MB as I do. Did you do something special to get sound working?
I had my hack set up following your guide here (thx again for that) and upgraded o Lion following Tony's xMove guide. But sound just doesn't work.
So I'm wondering, if I've missed something or did something wrong.
Thx in advance.

Cheers,

Ice

@notshy

Testing 10.6.8 and eventually Lion on a cloned USB drive before making any changes to my internal SSD. I got 10.6.8 installed, with audio thanks to the USB rollback, but one of my 3 monitors is out. I have the Batmobile 5770 card. The blank monitor is on a DVI to DisplayPort adapter.

Back when I originally set this up with 10.6.7, I saved all the files I came across, such as iBoot, MultiBeast, etc in a folder called 'Hackintosh'. In there, I have a folder called ATI-Backup, with a bunch of kext files in it. For the life of me, I can't remember if I used these or what I did with them. Will these solve the display issue? If so, what do I do with them?

ati-backup.png

I'm not going to be going as big as lion just yet.

I just upgraded from stable 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, and my sleep simply doesn't work anymore. I have the settings optimized via the forum sticky, and still, whenever I sleep my machine, it simply shuts down.

I incorporated an image of my extras folders incase there are any kext redundancies. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 10.39.01 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 10.39.01 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Quick update: I copied ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext from that ATI-backup folder to \System\Library\Extensions, and rebooted. On the reboot, I got stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo, and a spinning gear. Left it that way for about 10 minutes and didn't get anywhere, so I aborted.

Any ideas on how to fix this 3rd monitor issue? Thanks again guys.

SOLVED

Got triple monitors working perfectly along with everything else under 10.6.8 with the Batmobile card.

Here are the steps I took:

1. While running 10.6.7, copy ALL kexts in \System\Library\Extensions that start with "ATI" to the Desktop.

2. Install 10.6.8 combo update downloaded from Apple website (not via software update)

3. After it's done but before clicking Restart, run MultiBeast 3.8 and install Chimera only (don't select anything else).

4. Run Kextbeast and have it install all the ATI kexts you copied to the desktop in step 1.

5. Reboot

6. Run MultiBeast 3.8, and select Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

7. Reboot and enjoy.

Now on to Lion and solving this damn "this version of 10.7 cannot be installed" error.

No luck yet. I've followed the guide but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. When I reboot to the Installer drive it stays at the gray apple screen with the spinning thing. It'll stay on there for 30min or longer if I let it. When I hard shut it down, and power it up, nothing shows up on the screen. Only when I reset the bios does anything actually show up and start to boot. It did the same thing to me when I tried to install 10.6.8 with combo update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back