Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro - Gaming Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have like 0 knowledge of how to built a computer, that's why I am going to use the reconmended Hardware for a CustoMac Pro. But there is one thing I know I want is a Gaming look with LEDD and stuff. But the recommend case on the buyer's guide is the Corsaire Carbide 300R. Is there some more fun Case compatible with all the hardware of the CustoMac Pro? Thanks for your help.

Your best bet is to go on YouTube and and search for the following channels - BitWit and/or Paul's Hardware (Awesome Sauce Network), Hardware Canucks or Linus Tech Tips. Really easy recommendations are the following: NZXT S340 or H440 (I use a Source 530, myself), Fractal Design Define S or Define R5 and the Phanteks Enthoo series. Corsair makes great PSU's, but I'm not a huge fan of their cases (doesn't mean they are bad). Hardware Canucks and BitWit do a lot of case reviews, which were very helpful and then you can go from there. Hope this helps.

Hello,
what do you think about my configuration?

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU : i7-4790K 4,4 GHZ
Cooler : Corsair H60
Graphic Cards : Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2GB
Ram : Corsair 2x8GB CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
Hard Drive : WD Green 3TB
Power Supply : Corsair CP-9020054-UK
Wifi adapter : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Case : Corsair Spec-03

Is everything compatible with each other? Is it Mac OSX compatible? I have a max Budget of 1350€ that's why I'm going to buy the SSD later.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I have like 0 knowledge of how to built a computer, that's why I am going to use the reconmended Hardware for a CustoMac Pro. But there is one thing I know I want is a Gaming look with LEDD and stuff. But the recommend case on the buyer's guide is the Corsaire Carbide 300R. Is there some more fun Case compatible with all the hardware of the CustoMac Pro? Thanks for your help.
Look through all the potential ATX cases sold on Amazon and Newegg. Anything that can fit your mobo is an option.
You need to stay with the Buyer's Guide for all your other hardware. Choose only from the Oct. 2016 version of the
Guide so all the parts are compatible.

Last edited:
Hello,
what do you think about my configuration?

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU : i7-4790K 4,4 GHZ
Cooler : Corsair H60
Graphic Cards : Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2GB
Ram : Corsair 2x8GB CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
Hard Drive : WD Green 3TB
Power Supply : Corsair CP-9020054-UK
Wifi adapter : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Case : Corsair Spec-03

Is everything compatible with each other? Is it Mac OSX compatible? I have a max Budget of 1350€ that's why I'm going to buy the SSD later.

Thanks for your help
Your CPU choice is incorrect. The i7-4790K is a fourth-generation Haswell-based CPU and only works with the Z87/Z97 chipset. You need to spec a sixth-generation Skylake CPU, such as the i5-6600K or the i7-6700K. I would put a higher priority on getting an SSD, perhaps. Toshiba/OCZ TR150 or an ADATA SSD, so that you can get the speed advantages as well as not spending time reinstalling macOS. Besides a WD Green is a really slow hard drive. I would ALSO save some money and drop the Corsair cooler for a Cooler Master EVO 212, as liquid cooling doesn't net you anything at this point. Or just use the stock CPU cooler as the Spec-03 comes with 3 case fans.

Any reason why you need the UD5 TH motherboard? You can save a fair bit of money by using the GIGABYTE's UD3 Ultra or Ultra Gaming. Or check out the Gigabyte GA-H170-Designare, a motherboard not available in the USA, but should work just fine as a Hackintosh. I believe you shouldn't have a problem finding that in the EU. Your DRAM selection is also incorrect, as you specified DDR3, and most Skylake motherboards need DDR4-2133 or higher. Check the motherboard DRAM compatibility charts to make sure the RAM you choose is certified for your mobo. Hope that helps.

Before you assemble your components, the following 2 hour video by Carey Holzman will show you in detail how to put it all together, step by step. This video is only for the hardware. There are others on YouTube for the hackintosh software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back