Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rollodo said:
What about this little disclaimer here on TM during registration stating that AMD cards aren't supported or something?

2. Intel CPUs and Chipsets Only.
We do not support AMD CPUs or NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets. Any post requesting help for unsupported hardware will be deleted.

Or is this more of the CPU than video cards?
CPU! not GPU! :eek:

Mate94 said:
Rollodo said:
Ok, ok, mate, that's why I asked first, see? So much for the welcome. Thanks for the clarification, anyway. ;)

Rollodo said:
Mate94 said:
Rollodo said:
Ok, ok, mate, that's why I asked first, see? So much for the welcome. Thanks for the clarification, anyway. ;)
This is so basic... that you know what is CPU and you don't mix with GPU. :lol:

JGW310 said:
Bobster said:
GP-SE said:
any brand SSD, and any brand Graphics card.
My build:
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Core i7 2600k
Crucial M4 64gb
EVGA GTX 560ti

64 gb?!

I think thats his SSD that the OS is running off of

and as far as gfx cards go... I would reccomend a 6850 or 6870 (they can be pricey, but you get what you pay for!)

Ah right, I thought that was the ram haha :D

Rollodo said:
What about this little disclaimer here on TM during registration stating that AMD cards aren't supported or something?

2. Intel CPUs and Chipsets Only.
We do not support AMD CPUs or NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets. Any post requesting help for unsupported hardware will be deleted.

that's reffering to the chipsets... aka the processors... as far as gfx cards go, a lot of brands are supported!

As mentioned in another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=46336

You should probably stick with an 6870 with a reference design. The Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 listed in the CustoMac build and the one you linked has different output connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back