Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro 2012 problems with old SCSI card (AHA 2940UW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
Graphics
GeForce 8800
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I'm quite new here... I hope I am posting my question on the right place. Here's my problem.
I've built a HackPro (
GA-Z77X-UD5H, Intel Core i7-3770, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, GeForce GT 640 with OSX 10.8.2) It all works great. Thank you tonymacs !

I am trying to install my very old scanner (Imacon Flextight Precision II from 1998) that is
connected with SCSI. In my build, i have plugged in the PCI slot an old Adaptec AHA 2940 UW SCSI card.

So... to run the scanner I thought running VMware fusion with Windows XP so that XP would recognize the SCSI card. But it seems XP does not see any card plugged in :(

Anyone would have an idea ?

Thank you so much for your answers !

Have a great day,

Nico

I am trying to install my very old scanner (Imacon Flextight Precision II from 1998) that is connected with SCSI. In my build, i have plugged in the PCI slot an old Adaptec AHA 2940 UW SCSI card.

So... to run the scanner I thought running VMware fusion with Windows XP so that XP would recognize the SCSI card. But it seems XP does not see any card plugged in :(
I haven't tried that with VMware myself, but it might be possible using the VT-d CPU extension (the "d" is for "direct I/O"). You have an i7-3770 which is a good start, but do you have VT-d enabled? How to do so was discussed in this thread recently.
I'm not sure what magic you need to invoke in Fusion after that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back