Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi, I'm starting my first build. I'm going to follow the Ivy Bridge Customac Pro 2012 build but use a dual-core i3 instead of a quad-core. My question is this: Does the recommended motherboard -- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 motherboard -- have natively working firewire? It has one IEEE 1394 port. I need firewire because I'll be transferring info from a dual-G4 MDD tower plus, I have a 1.5TB external firewire drive I want to use.

Here is the link to the motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

Thank you!

It might work but maybe like on Sandy boards the FW is not waking from sleep. Therefore we always recommend to get a PCI FW card.

Thank you, Mate94! ^_^

I think then I will start some research into selecting a good motherboard with two PCI slots -- one for Airport and another for FW. Any suggestions? Size is no issue. Thank you again!

On my ud5h the built-in FireWire worked fine, and it did reconnect to my EyeTV after waking. I would suggest trying your device before purchasing a pci fw card.

Thank you agrajag, good to hear it worked natively. Gives me hope and I think I'll go with it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back