[*]MSI H55M-E23
[*]Core i7 870
[*]Geforce 450GTS
[*]4GB Ram
[*]1TB Seagate HDD
[*]Coolermaster case
[*]Coolermaster PSU

All for about €553 ex. vat.
Will post install details later, used the MacMini Guide (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11912) as a guideline. Must say, got it working, need to test stability, if all works out, will post the install guideline here.

Kinda struggling with the ALC887 right now...
Tried the Lnx2mac driver (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828) with no success. Also installed the non DST, the HD version from Multibeast, and eventually tried the Voodoo, which caused the system to crash. Now, cannot restart, keeps crashing... :S

Thus... will reinstall and try again.

Allright...

Been busy, but still issues with the audio (ALC887).
It's been recognized, but there's no device to choose from. Selected the NON-DSDT 887/888 option in kext with Multibeast.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the onboard to work? Otherwise will have to use a different type of audiocard (i.e. blackmagic capture card) for audio. That will definately work.

Attached I have a custom DSDT.aml file created with DSDTSE, for easy install of multibeast for those who have a similar board.

dsdt.aml

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    25.6 KB · Views: 168
99% working Customac MSI H55M-E23, 4GB, GF450GTS

At this moment I am seizing work on the system. Decided to continue on this system with Windows 7. It is running OSX, but without the onboard sound, made my point, it does work on an MSI H55M board, only need to check the sound chip next time :)

If anyone is interested, I set it up as follows:

1.) Boot using iBoot
2.) Install OS X
3.) Reboot using iBoot
4.) Remove iBoot disc.
5.) Copy the DSDT file to your desktop (see attached DSDT in earlier post)
6.) Launch MultiBeast 3.2 but don't let the installer run
7.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
8.) Run MultiBeast 3.2 with the following options:
--> UserDSDT (See 5)
--> System Utilities -> SELECT ALL
9.) Reboot after install
10.) Install the Tonymac Nvidia Update (Public/tonymacx86-NVIDIA-Update.zip)
11.) Run MultiBeast with the following options:
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8XX -> ALC8XXHDA
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8XX -> AppleHDA Rollback
12.) Reboot and set your display to prefered resolution

Alternately you can relaunch Multibeast and select:
--> Customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen

Again... the audio will not work, I tried the Audiopatcher Beta (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12211) but at no result.

Once I have a different system, still planning on building a dual processor, I will post my findings on the forum.

So no one with this motherboard has successfully got the audio to work?

I'm in the same boat - I ad "some audio", but I had to crank the speakers up and the background hiss got annoying, then I got KP's when I mistakenly installed the Voodoo drivers. Had to -x back in, clear the caches, then delete the kexts via command line and reboot. Now I get nada.

Forever sad...

I'm running the same H55M-E23 (MSI) w/ Lion 10.7.4

-- bump --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back