Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 (2GB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first attempt at a build. I've been searching the forums and read v310's post and others extensively. I used all the recommended parts listed in the March guide. I've tinkered with modifying the old Xbox, Wii, jailbreaking and rooting phones, but this process would have me pulling my hair out if I wasn't already bald. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Intel Core i7-3770
GA-Z77N-WIFI
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Sandisk
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD

I adjusted my BIOS settings according to v310's guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i7-3770k-ga-z77n-wifi-16gb-ram-gtx-660ti.html

I'm not able to boot the Mountain Lion drive without using
safe mode (-x). When booting in verbose, the last line I see refers to IOBluetoothHCIController. Based on my reading, this means that it is hanging during a graphics process which follows bluetooth. I am planning to install a GeForce 660ti as well, but have not yet installed it.

It would be great if there was a fool-proof guide to assist someone who has purchased the exact parts listed in the official monthly buyer's guide. Which BIOS options should I have changed? What MultiBeast settings should I use when I'm finished?
I'm really hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Edit (2013-04-12):
I watched Bob Roche's video on his Ivy Bridge Hack build using a similar motherboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSAOH0UFDk
He had the same issue which was resolved by using the boot flag "PCIRootUID=0"

I'm preparing to use MultiBeast for the first time and may have some more questions soon if I cannot find the answers through searching. I feel like my problem was a bonehead mistake, but this post has quite a few views in only a day so maybe others will find this to be helpful. By the way, if anyone is building the CustoMac Mini Deluxe and is still preparing to install the hardware, check out this video where the guys at tested.com used the very similar components including the Prodigy case and Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi mobo http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/454061-how-build-kick-ass-gaming-pc-2013/

I have and bought and installed the same exact parts as you Jon....also having the same installation problem. It hangs on IOBluetoothHCIController. Does anyone know how to disable bluetooth on a z77n-wifi? I've tried every combination, -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No and still hangs on IOBluetoothHCIController. HELP!

I edited my original post with a potential solution, SpeedSkate. I had no problems with the initial install from UniBeast but after reboot, I could not boot the Mountain Lion install disk in order to complete the installation. Try booting your Mountain Lion install with the boot flag PCIRootUID=0

Thanks Jon for the tip. PCIRootUID=0 allows me to get past the IOBluetoothHCIController hang but now hangs at "System uptime in nanoseconds". I used Unitboot to create the Bootable USB but didn't do anything more than that. If i understand this process correctly....Use Unitboot to create ML 10.8.2 Boot Disk, install OSX then run multiBeast to Finalize installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back