Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270N Wifi
CPU
i7-7700k
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm at my first build and I've decided for a CustoMac Mini. If all goes well I've go for something more powerful.

I wonder if I can combine the Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI with Core i5 i5-6600K or i7 Core i7-6700K

Only one HDMI port onboard. Any other good mini-itx motherboard with 2 HDMI ports and suitable for i5 or i7?

Only one HDMI port onboard. Any other good mini-itx motherboard with 2 HDMI ports and suitable for i5 or i7?

The GA-Z170N-WIFI has 2 HDMI ports per the Gigabyte website ( and the machine sitting next to me... )

Onboard Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support
  1. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
    * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
  2. 2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
  3. Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
  4. Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z170N-WIFI-rev-20#sp

This is a great compact machine. You may have issues finding the MB at this point. Amazon USA and Newegg list as unavailable.

I am running a I7-6700K.

Good Hacking !

The Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI has 2 HDMI ports at the back. Pair it with a Core i5 7600K or Core i7 7700K (as you seems to like the K versions) and use Sierra 10.12.6.

• Support for up to 3 displays at the same time

Thanks guys! My cooking book is done. Well, that is if I can get the m/b. Otherwise I might be back here

The Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI has 2 HDMI ports at the back. Pair it with a Core i5 7600K or Core i7 7700K (as you seems to like the K versions) and use Sierra 10.12.6.
Would GA-Z270P-D3 do?

Would GA-Z270P-D3 do?

Maybe - it does use an ALC887 codec and Realtek GbE Lan chip... You would need to run High Sierra Beta at this point for CPU support... I personally would wait a short while for TonyMacx86 and crew to build the High Sierra version of MultiBeast and verify the board against their recommendations.. or go with a Z170 board and 6th gen chip if you really want to build today.

Would GA-Z270P-D3 do?

That board should work. But, that motherboard only has 1 HDMI port at the back. You said you want two. Besides, it is an ATX and not ITX motherboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back