Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With the customac mini 2013 base setup, 1 SSD drive minus the tp-link wireless card, does anyone know if I could get away with using a PicoPSU-160-XT, 192W Power Kit or a 150W? I would like to use a Wesena case as the resemble mac minis.
Thanks. Hoping to get customac#2 in the works.

With the customac mini 2013 base setup, 1 SSD drive minus the tp-link wireless card, does anyone know if I could get away with using a PicoPSU-160-XT, 192W Power Kit or a 150W? I would like to use a Wesena case as the resemble mac minis.
Thanks. Hoping to get customac#2 in the works.

The power supply calculator at http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp says yes:

CapturFiles.png

People have got such a setup to work.
Leaveout CD/DVD it uses 40 watts.
For DVD think external drive.
this is useful for estimating power
http://extreme.outervision.com/

Habey case is very similar.
Shop around I think there is a case like this that comes with PSU.

Look at Intel NUC it is even smaller and has been hacked.

Thanks Potemkin and Nobodynose.

That's what I was guessing based on using one of those online calculators a month or so ago, but they didn't have the exact processor listed at the time, so I tried to get close. I was hoping someone else had experience with one. I will have to check out the Habey.

I toyed around with the NUC idea after reading all of the forum posts, but the port situation/trade off between the two models makes it hard for me to choose. They are supposed to have an i5 version this April. We'll see.

Habey case is very similar.
Shop around I think there is a case like this that comes with PSU.

I'm glad you mentioned the Habey as it made me realize that I wasn't thinking about CPU height with the stock intel heat sink. I would definitely need a different hs/fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back