Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have undertaken a build similar to the Customac mini 2011 recommendations:

Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
Core i5-2500
16GB Corsair 1333
1TB WD Caviar Black

I have modified my bios in the standard ways: AHCI, HPET 64, disabled quick boot, etc. The BIOS version I am using is F7.

I am using Unibeast and Lion 10.7.3 downloaded from the app store. The installation proceeds without issue, not requiring any sort of boot flags, and showing no signs of an issue.

When I reboot the machine after the installation completes (still booting into the USB stick and then over to the install volume), I am always greeted with the short flash of blue followed by a high-resolution apple gray screen and use of the mouse. But from here it hangs. Since there is nothing displayed in verbose mode at this point, it is very difficult to tell how to diagnose.

here is a screenshot of the verbose output soon after displaying the gray apple screen + mouse:

MiZXq.jpg

This occurs consistently, whether I use GraphicsEnabler=No, PciRootUID=0,1, or any combination therein.

From what I can tell this is a very standard configuration, so the hiccup has baffled me. If anyone has any clues form that boot output or otherwise, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

chrisrogers said:
Core i5-2500

Unless you're using a discrete graphics card, the integrated graphics has to be HD 3000, but the Core i5-2500 only has HD 2000 graphics.

The only chips with HD 3000 are i3-2105, i3-2125, i5-2405S, i5-2500K, i7-2600K, and i7-2700K.

Wow, thank you. That's an incredible oversight on my part. This whole time I was reading specs for the 2500k and assuming that overclocking was the only thing missing on the 2500. Well, off to get a discrete graphics card. Thanks for the keen eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back