Contribute
Register

Customac mATX question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this instance, VirtualSMC is the SMC emulator and SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO provides the sensors.

Great! thanks for everything so far @pastrychef

The crash I'm experiencing always happens close to startup, not when doing anything that stresses the card, or causes high temps.. the fans are functioning when they reach 50c , so I don't think the temp is the problem?
There must be something wrong with my clover / kexts / etc etc setup ... I just don't have the knowledge to figure it out or even know how to troubleshoot it.

I repeat that with my build ( z390 m gaming, rx580, i9-9900k) I followed your guide to a tee, from bios to populating system info etc.. but I did not do anything setup wise outside of your guide, or followed any other instructions.
Is there something, very standard, that I may not have done?
does those kexts need updating?

the card runs perfectly in windows, and when it runs in macOS it seems to run fine too. but then we have this GPU crash...mostly happening soon after the first startup of the day.. only In macOS..

Great! thanks for everything so far @pastrychef

The crash I'm experiencing always happens close to startup, not when doing anything that stresses the card, or causes high temps.. the fans are functioning when they reach 50c , so I don't think the temp is the problem?
There must be something wrong with my clover / kexts / etc etc setup ... I just don't have the knowledge to figure it out or even know how to troubleshoot it.

I repeat that with my build ( z390 m gaming, rx580, i9-9900k) I followed your guide to a tee, from bios to populating system info etc.. but I did not do anything setup wise outside of your guide, or followed any other instructions.
Is there something, very standard, that I may not have done?
does those kexts need updating?

the card runs perfectly in windows, and when it runs in macOS it seems to run fine too. but then we have this GPU crash...mostly happening soon after the first startup of the day.. only In macOS..

You can always try pulling the RX 580 and running just off of IGPU to determine if the RX 580 is the cause of your crashes.

If you do this, remember to use the config.plist from post #4 of my Z390 M Gaming thread.

You can always try pulling the RX 580 and running just off of IGPU to determine if the RX 580 is the cause of your crashes.

If you do this, remember to use the config.plist from post #4 of my Z390 M Gaming thread.
yea good idea, I'll give that a try when I can..
thanks

Hi
excuse all my questions and notes. thanks so much for still responding :)
I just wanted to say this (before I pull the dGPU and see if I get same crash in macOS on IGPU) :
As mentioned before, when I turn the computer on from cold ( first boot of the day ) I with 95% certainty get the crash within 10ish minutes, now I discovered that if I reboot the computer just after the first boot up, I don't seem to get the crash and also I seem to hear the GPU fan turn on at startup then turn off, which does not seem to happen at the first boot up.
I may be going nuts here but
Would you have any suggestion what could be causing this?

if I'm not getting any crashes by booting twice, then I at least found a pretty good workaround for now.

Hi
excuse all my questions and notes. thanks so much for still responding :)
I just wanted to say this (before I pull the dGPU and see if I get same crash in macOS on IGPU) :
As mentioned before, when I turn the computer on from cold ( first boot of the day ) I with 95% certainty get the crash within 10ish minutes, now I discovered that if I reboot the computer just after the first boot up, I don't seem to get the crash and also I seem to hear the GPU fan turn on at startup then turn off, which does not seem to happen at the first boot up.
I may be going nuts here but
Would you have any suggestion what could be causing this?

if I'm not getting any crashes by booting twice, then I at least found a pretty good workaround for now.

It might be some weird firmware issue with your video card and macOS.

Maybe check if there's a newer version of firmware for your video card.

It might be some weird firmware issue with your video card and macOS.

Maybe check if there's a newer version of firmware for your video card.
where does one check such firmware?

where does one check such firmware?

Check the manufacturer's website.

You can also check the following, but make sure you use firmware meant for your specific card. Mixing and matching firmwares meant for different cards can brick your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back