Contribute
Register

CustoMac Lovely ! But I wanna bigger HD - possible to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 5770
Hi,
Well I kinda knew this was gonna come back on me, I got the CustoMac all installed,running just like a dream... but it's on a 74gb raptor and there's not much room for data now..

I've heard with a mac you can clone a drive,is it really possible to do this and keep the bootloader,and all information running smooth? eg: Take my 74gb hd information, and load it on a 500gb hd right on my mac?

If not I can reinstall,but thought I'd ask here first..

Thanks in advance

metallurgy said:
Hi,
Well I kinda knew this was gonna come back on me, I got the CustoMac all installed,running just like a dream... but it's on a 74gb raptor and there's not much room for data now..

I've heard with a mac you can clone a drive,is it really possible to do this and keep the bootloader,and all information running smooth? eg: Take my 74gb hd information, and load it on a 500gb hd right on my mac?

Thanks in advance
Cloning does not copy over the boot loader. All you need to do is install Chameleon again.

I use Carbon Copy Cloner.

Sounds good , I'll have a look at it. Thanks

metallurgy said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

SuperDuper or CarbonCopyCloner wil do the trick- just re-install the bootloader. However, I've found that it's better to use the larger hard drive for data only and leave the OS on the 74G raptor (that's what I have). That way, you don't loose any data if you bork your install and have to reformat/reinstall the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back