Graphics
Galaxy GTX 460 768MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm doing the same exact build for a friend of mine (except with 16GBs of Corsair DDR3). Is it sufficient for Pro Tools 9 or 10?

I'm not sure what pro-tools are but if it is graphic intensive you might want to consider a discreet graphics card instead of the built in HD 3000 graphics. The i3 is decent but again if pro-tools is a heavy program a lower end i5 might prove useful. The i3 is still pretty beefy but only has 2 cores

sundanc3 said:
I'm not sure what pro-tools are but if it is graphic intensive you might want to consider a discreet graphics card instead of the built in HD 3000 graphics. The i3 is decent but again if pro-tools is a heavy program a lower end i5 might prove useful. The i3 is still pretty beefy but only has 2 cores

Pro-Tools is a DAW often used for recording/production of music. Not graphic intensive, but it can put a strain on a system if you're dealing with lots of tracks/plug-ins.

mikahFSmusic said:
sundanc3 said:

Pro-Tools is a DAW often used for recording/production of music. Not graphic intensive, but it can put a strain on a system if you're dealing with lots of tracks/plug-ins.

Okay cool. Well, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but you may be making a good investment with an i5 and you may be happier with the end result. This is just my opinion however

He already ordered all the parts. Occasionally, he'll be doing some light Pro Tools work (making beats), so I think he should be OK.

Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back