Contribute
Register

CustoMac - 6gb ram settings in your bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 5770
I was able to successfully get all 6gb of memory finally working (don't have to RMA it) after setting up their different timings.. 8-8-8-24 with a dram voltage of 1.65, it boots now. cool

But if I try to raise the multiplier to 12x though, I get fail and it won't boot..

Can any of you guys running the CustoMac with same ram (OCZ3G1600LV6GK R )offer any advise,to how I can set the bios correctly..

Much appreciated

fwiw the bios only reports 4096 ram installed,but I see all 3 sticks in the bios, also OSX reports 6 gb...

Any tips to get it at 1600mhz?

metallurgy said:
I was able to successfully get all 6gb of memory finally working (don't have to RMA it) after setting up their different timings.. 8-8-8-24 with a dram voltage of 1.65, it boots now. cool

But if I try to raise the multiplier to 12x though, I get fail and it won't boot..

Can any of you guys running the CustoMac with same ram (OCZ3G1600LV6GK R )offer any advise,to how I can set the bios correctly..

Much appreciated

fwiw the bios only reports 4096 ram installed,but I see all 3 sticks in the bios, also OSX reports 6 gb...

Any tips to get it at 1600mhz?
If it doesn't run with the 12x multiplier then either the RAM or motherboard is bad. Or BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back