Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I took the time to learn to make a custom SSDT for my hackintosh and it worked perfectly with Mojave 10.14 and USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.5. When I upgraded to 10.14.1 it stopped working. The USB 2.0 peripherals all function fine but the USB 3.0 flash drives do not mount. They are visible in System Information and recognized as 3.0 5 Gb/sec drives, but they're not on the desktop. Disk Utility sees them too but can not mount them. Also I tried upgrading the USBInjectAll.kext to 0.6.8 and 0.7.0 and those revert the XHC injecting all of the first 15 HS01 - SS01, as if the custom SSDT wasn't even installed which it was. It still functions fine on my 10.14 backup OS drive. I'm using the current Clover r4722.

Attachments

• all files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Try removing:
XHCI-Unsupported.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

Unless you are using an unsupported SATA PCI-e card, those SATA kexts are not needed. The XHCI one should also not be needed unless you are using an unsupported USB PCI-e card.

I took the time to learn to make a custom SSDT for my hackintosh and it worked perfectly with Mojave 10.14 and USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.5. When I upgraded to 10.14.1 it stopped working. The USB 2.0 peripherals all function fine but the USB 3.0 flash drives do not mount. They are visible in System Information and recognized as 3.0 5 Gb/sec drives, but they're not on the desktop. Disk Utility sees them too but can not mount them. Also I tried upgrading the USBInjectAll.kext to 0.6.8 and 0.7.0 and those revert the XHC injecting all of the first 15 HS01 - SS01, as if the custom SSDT wasn't even installed which it was. It still functions fine on my 10.14 backup OS drive. I'm using the current Clover r4722.

Your kextcache proves USBInjectAll.kext is not properly installed:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f87e68035a0 [0x7fff8366c8f0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

I was having a lot of difficulty using terminal to remove and install kexts I kept getting error messages.With "rm -r /Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext" I get "rm: /Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext/Contents/MacOS/USBInjectAll: Permission denied" I had to delete them in finder. I was able to install USBInjectAll.kext using KextBeast

Problem still persists, except now it is also failing in my 10.14 backup disk and my USB flash drives no longer show up on the Clover screen. So now I'm thinking this is a problem created by the r4722 update.

Any other suggestions? I even did a clean install of 10.14.1 from Recovery and reinstalled MultiBeast and still no USB drives will mount.

Edit: it is back now the culprit was r4722. I had to remove all boot entries, mount the EFIs and clear all data and reinstall f4630 then everything went back to normal. That’s twice now f4722 broke my system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back