Graphics
EVGA GTX670FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Figured the old thread was dated, so I'm starting a new one for my newly cooled G5. Only progress picture I took was of the finished product for my Radiator mounts. The mount in the floor of the case and then the radiator slides onto them, and is secured with two screws on the non fan side of the radiator.

These were made from flat stock aluminum.

And on the the ALMOST finished product. The seller I got the video card from ( EVGA gtx670ftw ) did not include the block off caps for the water block. He had them in SLI so maybe he misplaced them? I have some on order now but not being able to go without my computer I improvised. I used two barbs with a kinked piece of tubing ( to make the water block the path of least resistance ) It works for now.

Looks awesome but umm... what's with the tubing coming off of the GPUs that is kinked...? You do know that you can get stop fittings that you can plug in there instead, right?

Jeffinslaw

Yes I do, forgot to mention that issue, or did I?

I think I mentioned it in the post, but incase it slipped my mind.

I bought the videocard used, with the waterblock and backplate installed. The seller did not include the plugs. I wasn't counting on this when I ordered my fittings. So I ordered two plugs, but not wanting to go without a computer for a week I decided that using two extra barbs I had, and kinking the tubing as to make the GPU block the path of least resistance for water to follow, would be the best way to get it up and running. GPU temps havent even entered the 50s and CPU temps haven't hit 60 yet.

EDIT

Yes I did mention this in the gap between the second and first photo in the original post. Must have over looked it.

Yes I do, forgot to mention that issue, or did I?

I think I mentioned it in the post, but incase it slipped my mind.

I bought the videocard used, with the waterblock and backplate installed. The seller did not include the plugs. I wasn't counting on this when I ordered my fittings. So I ordered two plugs, but not wanting to go without a computer for a week I decided that using two extra barbs I had, and kinking the tubing as to make the GPU block the path of least resistance for water to follow, would be the best way to get it up and running. GPU temps havent even entered the 50s and CPU temps haven't hit 60 yet.

EDIT

Yes I did mention this in the gap between the second and first photo in the original post. Must have over looked it.

*facepalm* I totally skipped over that lol. Do you have some plugs ordered? Pretty decent temps!

Jeffinslaw

Yes the plugs are ordered, OCD kicked in and I didn't really want the chromed fittings that the water block was supposed to come with, so I ordered some XSPC black chrome plugs to match my compression fittings. I am really bothered by the wiring on the floor of the case, I can't believe such a high end water pump, would come with such cheesy molax connectors and wiring. They know these are going to go into machines people care about, grr. Anyways I will have to figure out a way to make a floor plate...

Im also a little unhappy with my LED strips. I wasn't able to hide the top one, because of the dip in the top tray for the stock hdd caddy. Also they just don't put out near enough light. My tubing and fluid is all uv acvite, so maybe I'll just grab a uv tube and hide it at the bottom. I have red cathode tube as well I could experiment with.

Yes good eye, it is a 180mm Magicool radiator with one silverstone air penetrator.

CPU seems to get a bit more warm in OSX than Win7, how ever it still idles around 30, and by idle I mean web browsing and possibly a few downloads coming through, but no gaming or video editing. The fan has a high low switch on it that is left in the low position. If I put it on high the noise goes up, but the temps do drop a bit as low as 21 degree cpu temp, GPU bounces around in the low 20's.. Once I get my block offs for the gpu block, and really have a good feeling that no leaks will appear, I'll start cranking up the over clocks. BTW my CPU is already at 4.2ghz. Going to try to get close as possible to 5 and max out my GPU.

I believe that the 180 has more surface area than a 240 radiator fwiw, but I could be wrong. a 240 would have barely fit under the hard drive caddy, and there was only one I found ( an xspc 240 ) that had a hope of fitting. I could have laid down a 240 or even possibly a 360 on the bottom of the case, but the 180 seems to be doing its job just fine.

Ambient temps are 21degrees. No fans other than the radiator fan in the case what so ever. May try to add the stock power mac fan cage to the back of the computer at some point, mainly for cosmetics.

I have a new side panel door coming that I will be taking a water jet for a custom window. I am thinking either a nice rectangular hole or possibly an apple logo, a large one.

Also have some blue sata cables, and two uv lights coming that should really make the case pop. Think I'm going to snag some corsair vengeance ram to go with the blue scheme I have going on. Or would it be okay to paint my ram?

Looks MUCH better! For your side window, I would suggest you get it cut out in a nice rectangle with rounded corners. Basically take the shape of the inner frame of the door (the part where the lacking mechanism slides in) and have it cut out following that pattern. Leave 1/2in to 3/4in space for tape to attach the acrylic too!

Jeffinslaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back