Graphics
EVGA 670 FTW Giggahertz Model x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking to make a custom keyboard from WASD keyboards. I have the function keys made to match the apple keyboard that it is replacing. The only problem is that the eject is an extra key. I am wondering if anyone has tried a non-apple keyboard and figured what key is the eject. I looked around but they where all from 06 and saying that holding F12 but that is volume up now. Just wondering because I don't want to make it the wrong key and then have to go back and buy a different key to fix it if I don't have to.

Below is a pic of what i have done so far. Just wondering where to put the eject key.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 2.59.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 2.59.03 PM.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 3,384
Well, I'm impressed. I just searched on "keyboard" hoping to find someone interested in re-mapping a non-Mac keyboard to a Mac, more or less. Your approach is more basic more likely to reach completion, it seems, than mine. I can't help you, as I'm just gathering info myself, and still scouring the forum. Good luck. I'll be looking for similar info, but my hope is to build a configuration file to re-map my IBM 13H6705 TrackPoint keyboard so I'll have all of the Mac function keys working properly. Don't know if it's possible or not, but I love this keyboard...

Looks promising. Thanks. I'll fire it up soon and see.

Thanks for the reference. I'll give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back