CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having a few different issues with getting my system up and running to 100%.
I was able to install OS X and then upgrade to 10.6.8 fine, but now what I'm having issues with it.
Video
Audio
DSDT
System Identifier
Boot From Hard Drive

My specs:
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2h-B3 (rev.1.3) Motherboard
Intel i5 2500k Sandybridge CPU with Intel HD3000 Graphics
500GB Segate Hard Drive
8GB Ram
700watt Power Supply.

I'm kind of new to Hackintosh, but I do know a good amount about it and computers. I've tried for hours upon hours the last few nights to get it up and working on my own, but everything I try doesn't seem to work.

I can not find a DSDT file that will work for my system. I've tried all the different versions that are available here on this site for my motherboard, each one just gives me the white screen of death.
For now I installed EasyBeast and used the Kexts that I read that would work with this board.

My system is stuck on Mac Pro 3.1, every time I used Multibeast to change it to any other model, it doesn't work, it stays at 3.1

My VGA output works fine, but my HDMI doesn't, I can not get the resolution to go over 800X600, I found the Intel HD3000 Kexts but they didn't work.

My sound is all static and popping
I've tried deleting the AppleHDAkext and the HDAEnabler and then reinstalling with Multibeast using ALC8XXHDA and the AppleHDA Rollback, also that combo with a Non-DSDT HDA EnablerKext
Same result each time I try it.

And last, I can not get a bootloader to work with my system to boot from hard drive. I just get an error. I have to use iBoot to boot up OS X, but I can't get it to boot in 64Bit mode and I always have to set Maxmem=8109 so I can use my full 8GB of Ram, otherwise it only reads 4GB.

I feel as if I someone could point me in the right direction for the correct DSDT file for my motherboard that it would clear up most if not all of my issues.

I know it's a lot but I need help :/
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Custom Hackintosh Z68MX-UD2h-B3 Issues

After doing a lot of trial and error and research I was able to solve all my issues!
First things first, I swapped hard drives!
My Segate 500GB is a 4k Sector drive and 4K sector is not compataible with OS X Bootloaders, so I took my old Western Digital 80GB Hard drive and used that to install OS X on.

I then finally was able to figure out my Bios version and downloaded the correct DSDT for my mother board.

1. After getting Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installed and set up I ran the Update Helper downloaded from here ---->http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/get-ready-for-os-x-lion-update-to-1068.html

2.Rebooted the computer
3.Booted back up with the iBoot CD
4.Installed the 10.6.8 Combo Update
At this point the installer wanted me to restart the computer but I didn't.
5.I opened up Multibeast, Installed my DSDT, bootloader and system identifier.
6.Restarted the computer
7.Removed iBoot disk.
8.Booted from the hard drive with the -f flag.

At this point my system identifier issue was solved, the system was showing my full 8GB of RAM, and booting from the hard drive issue (obviously lol).

9.I then installed the stand alone version of Chimera (for some reason this was the only way for me to solve having to boot with -f every single time I booted the computer)
Opened up Multibeast again and installed my kexts for my audio.

After this point all my issues were solved besides my graphics, I was not aware that Intel HD3000 Integrated Graphics is not supported until 10.6.7 (Lion).
I can not use Lion right now because ProTools is not fully compatible with Lion and I need ProTools fully functional.
So I went online and ordered myself and decent graphics card that is fully supported by Snow Leopard and Lion.
I got a Nividia GT220 Graphics Card.

Popped it in and boom! The rest of issues were solved!
I am now running at full res, booting from the hard drive, have full sound, system identifier is showing what I want it to show and my hackintosh is 100% Fully Functional!

I hope this can be of help to some else that is out there building a SandyBridge Hackintosh!

Feel free to ask me questions now that I got this down! :D

- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back