Nvida Quadro 2000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, i am new here and quite frankly challenged already but power to the crowd as i am learning soooomuch.

I am doing a build that I want to accomplish several tasks due to the following backgrounder. I am going to start working with Solidworks in stereoscopic 3D. Basically runs on windows 7 64 bit as there is no Mac version, requires a quadro fermi card (for the 3 D stereoscopic) and vision pro etc. On the other hand, i am a regular mac user (graphic design and programming work) and its kind of painful for me to consider switching to windows completely so I want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I can as well retire my 2007 iMac while i am at it...

• build 1 system that would do boot from 2 SSD's... one for windows 7 and the other for lion
  • So I end up spending $2500 but with a do it all system

when it comes to the windows 7 boot, all I will do with it is Wolidworks related

Problem

• Is it possible to mix 2 GPU, hoping that windows takes advantage of the Quadro 2000 and the Mac boot uses the Radeon?

I will appreciate all the help I get thanks

Sorry. Thanks I didn't know any better...

eelhead said:
topic moved from Customization to buying Advice

I don't have an answer for using two different GPU's.

Look at my build specs, maybe I will download the 30 day trial of Solidworks, and try and get things warmed. I am a mechanical designer and have been using Solidworks for over 10 years, so I do know how to crash it/ get artifacts in it. I have know idea what Stereoscopic 3d is, or how to best simulate those loads on the 6870 in my hack. We have Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 cards at work. I am in the process of moving so my Hack is a little torn down, but I may be able to slip this in somewhere. Any advice on how I can simulate these kinds of loads?

apexonephoto said:
I don't have an answer for using two different GPU's.

Look at my build specs, maybe I will download the 30 day trial of Solidworks, and try and get things warmed. I am a mechanical designer and have been using Solidworks for over 10 years, so I do know how to crash it/ get artifacts in it. I have know idea what Stereoscopic 3d is, or how to best simulate those loads on the 6870 in my hack. We have Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 cards at work. I am in the process of moving so my Hack is a little torn down, but I may be able to slip this in somewhere. Any advice on how I can simulate these kinds of loads?

UMM. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am good at the Solidworks part...The idea with the dual cards (you can add 2 cards and Crossfire or SLI eem so thats doable..) my challenge is that the system is able to ration the GPU's accordingly such that the windoz draws from the Quadro 2000 and Lion from the Radeon get it?

1 step at a time

First I need to get the dual boot from 2 separate HDD or SDD's out of the way and then on from there....I weave my way it trials and fails...or wins...ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back