Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for your hard work!

It's my first post in here so have mercy.

After long thinking I decided to build a hakintosh, I went for the custo mac build 2 because I am not very good with computers I bought everything exactly as on the list (apart from dvd drive which I coudn't find but have very similar).

A friend of mine built it for me, he used to do it and he seemed to know what he was doing;-) after connecting everything the lights on the motherboard light up, the fans work and so does the drive (you can hear it starting), but there is nothing, completly nothing on the screen. I connected the screen to my laptop and it works straight away. What can be the issue? We tried to take out the ram, reset the CMOS and starting again from a scratch, no success. We also connected monitor to different ports on built in video (which aparetnly isin't supported) and on the extra one.

Please help!

I've read that it might be that there is an old version of bios installed, but how can I update it if I have no other computer and only get a blank screen?

My specs are:
Mother board: gigabyte h55m-ud2h / rev 1.3
Graphics: ATI radeon HD 5770 / 1gb
CPU: i7-870, 2.93 Ghz, 8mb Cache, lga1156
ram: corsair xms3, 4gb (2*2) ddr3
disks: 2 * Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM (only one connected for the moment)
dvd: Sony Optiarc AD-7260B 24x DVD±RW & DL SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black

Lets back up a bit.

Did you have it put together and at initial start up before you did anything you had no screen or did you install OSX and then have no screen?

24 pin power pluged in
CPU power plugged in
GPU power plugged in

Do you have a speaker hooked up to the Mobo to here it beep after it posts?

Thanks for a quick answer,

I didn't have anything after the initial built and start, I had no chance to install OSX, I didn't even see the BIOS.

Had to contact my friend who helped me and so:
yes - 24 pin power plugged in
yes - CPU power plugged in (it says atx 12v on MoBo)
yes - gpu plugged in

the speaker was hooked up to the MoBo but made no sound after start...

Video card in the first PCI slot, memory in correct slots?
Do the board LED lights go out?
You said no sound, is the speaker hooked up to the Fpanel near the power and LED leads? Not the audio panel, as I don't know if it makes the post beep of that plug.
It will be the one with all the different colors inside of it where the power button leads go to. The speaker leads are the four orange block ones I do believe, check your user guide and make sure.
If it still isnt posting I suggest calling Gigabyte and getting tech advice, mobo might be messed up.

yes - Video card in first pci slot
yes - memory in correct slots? - the blue ones
onboard leds light up () only four of them in the top right corner next to ram

'You said no sound, is the speaker hooked up to the Fpanel near the power and LED leads? Not the audio panel, as I don't know if it makes the post beep of that plug. '
plugged correctly, no sound

I am attaching some pictures, please forgive the pure quality but they might help...

Attachments

• IMG_20110517_173924.jpg
    IMG_20110517_173924.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 153
Do the LED lights go off at anytime?
If not look in the motherboad book and see what the LED code it's telling you is.

sorry for the delay...

no the leds stay on all the time, the only thing in the manual about the leds is:

'the number of lighted leds indicates the cpu loading. the higher the cpu loading, the more the number of lighted leds. To enable the phase led display function, please first enable dynamic energy saver 2. Refer to chapter 4 'dynamic energy saver 2 ' for more details.'

all four leds light up and stay on all the time...

Do you have other ram to try?
I'm thinking your mobo is not working, I would contact Gigabyte support via phone and see what they offer.
When you said your friend seemed to know what he was doing, did he ground himself while handling the motherboard. I know not everybody does this, I am guilty of it as well but static electricity will kill a mobo.
If it's something else I'm not thinking of because I'm no expert but I really beginning to think your mobo is fubar'ed.

I haven't got any other ram, or any other components/computers to try :problem: which is rather bad.

Yes my friend did ground himself sort of...

I will try to test the ram and graphic card at somebody else's computer and if they work then try to exchange the mobo...

could it be that the bios on the mother board is the version that doesn't read this ram???

thanks

kaziem82 said:
I haven't got any other ram, or any other components/computers to try :problem: which is rather bad.

Yes my friend did ground himself sort of...

I will try to test the ram and graphic card at somebody else's computer and if they work then try to exchange the mobo...

could it be that the bios on the mother board is the version that doesn't read this ram???

thanks
You should still get a post beep no matter, it will just be a different beep if it was a ram issue as well.
The whole no beep and lights staying on is just pointing me to mobo issue.

Try all this as last resort so when you cal them you can say you did it lol. This was my email from them so ignore the start stop description at top:

Dear customer,

System not power on, or power on then shut off keep cycles, it may appear to be one of the components on system was defected or somewhere shorted. Please test mother board outside the case with procedure below:
1) Remove all components from board, make sure the 24 pin ATX and the other 8/4 pin 12v both connected to mother board. Take onboard cell battery out for 5 sec clear CMOS.
2) Remove cpu from socket, check if any bent / broken pin, reseat cpu, insert single stick memory on white color slot close to cpu, test power on check if cpu fan runs,
3) Test with other power supply if board still power cycles .
4) Insert graphic card back, connect monitor test boot if system is able to power on.
5) Mother board bios memory voltage is base on 1.5v default , check current memory voltage spec( spec printed on memory module label), if memory is higher than 1.5v type, go in bios under M/B intelligent tweaker adjusts memory voltage match ( memory voltage control).
For example: current memory is 1.65v go in bios M/B intelligent tweaker on DDR3 voltage control item change to 1.65v.
6) Swap out other stick memory on same slot test again if system can power on but not boots, could be particular bad memory stick issue.

Best regards,

Gigabyte technical support team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back