Contribute
Register

CustMac not insalling ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally booted with unibeast in the verbose mode for ML installation. The error I am getting is as below:
SMC-SmcReadkeyaction:ERROR-KSMCReadkey/failed with SMCCcomm.

My build is
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
Processor: Intel i5-4570-Haswell-4th Gen
G Skill Sniper -8 GB ram
onboard graphics
If any one know what this error means pl help me.

Success at last. Today I booted with unibeast changing the setting of ft-d to 'disabled" from 'enabled' and this led to successful installation. Now I am installing ML and continuing with post-installation using multi beast hopefully.

Motherboard: GA-Z87M-D3H
Intel i5-4570 processor
G Skill Sniper 2x4GB 1333mhz
I changed the connection to monitor from VGA to DVI.

I will update if I am able to successfully do all the peripheral installations.

It's good to hear that you're sorted.
Which version of ML did you install from your Unibeast stick, 10.8.3 or 10.8.5?

SUCCESS WITH MAVERICKS.

I had no problem installing Mavericks on my CustoMac: GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel i5 4440, 8GbRAM, WD 500Gb HDD. I did it with the GeForce 610 in place and connected to the monitor via VGA, no need for DVI connection to the onboard graphics. I did however have to disable vt-d in the BIOS.

My problem with Mountain Lion I think was because I was trying to install 10.8.3. You need a 10.8.5 installer to get this hardware to work with it.

I would just like to thank tonymac for making Hackintoshing easier. The last time I made a Leopard machine it was really painful.

After a couple of weeks I got my new up to date CustoMac iMACintosh in the end, running OSX 10.9.2 and all the hardware. In the process I did however successfully install ML on 3 other machines, but these will all go back to Windows now. I had a lot of fun doing this, so again thanks and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back