Contribute
Register

Current Status of Trackpad movements in Lion? What works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68-XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Hi,

I was hoping that we could post a sticky of this as I'm sure in the next few months people will be asking about it.

I was wondering if Hackintosh laptops can use the new trackpad swiping features found in lion? Currently I'm running Lion on my R1 M11x and everything is work but it doesn't recognize the trackpad as a trackpad, but a mouse. However two finger scroll and two finger right mouse button still work.

Do the new Lion features work with Hackintosh Trackpads and if so what's needed for that to work.

Thanks

Haze

I have a synaptics on mine but can't verify which version yet. Laptop was bought less than a year ago so I think it might possibly work.

I guess really it comes down to if voodoo labs wants to create a new driver or someone in the community.

Apple uses Synaptics Trackpad v7.4 in MacBooks. The same as in new Sandy Bridge laptops. They should work without any driver. I haven't tried to install Lion yet. Still some issues with 10.6.8..

Currently in lion I have two finger gestures but not three, does that new driver work with three finger gestures?

* Found I have Synaptics 7.2. Trying to find some info on that model but nothing yet.

jeffc2009 said:
Intel4Ever said:
Apple uses Synaptics Trackpad v7.4 in MacBooks. The same as in new Sandy Bridge laptops. They should work without any driver. I haven't tried to install Lion yet. Still some issues with 10.6.8..

That voodoops2 was from the new source, I have multitouch on my synaptics. With apples original kext, no multitouch! I am was on lion gm, but now on retail.

Can you drag windows with that kext ? I had to disable that option in mine because mouse gets weird. Does it have a preferences pane ?

jeffc2009, i don't see the options for the multi touch features in that prefpane.
Where is rotation and pinch etc?

Attachments

• preference_panel_20100727.jpg
    preference_panel_20100727.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 273
Yea, I def don't have that as my trackpad screen in lion. Is there an actual working touchpad driver for those movements?

I'm using Keyboard / Trackpad off of Multibeast.

I have a Synaptics Trackpad v7.4 (shows up as one in the boot log anyway), and I only get basic touch gestures (two finger scrolling, edge scrolling). Any fixes?

heythereitsv said:
I have a Synaptics Trackpad v7.4 (shows up as one in the boot log anyway), and I only get basic touch gestures (two finger scrolling, edge scrolling). Any fixes?

I have the basic two finger stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back