Contribute
Register

Current state of Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
ATI 580rx
Mac
  1. iMac
When I had my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 build last year, USB3.0 wasn't quite working right (things wouldn't power if they were plugged in to the USB3.0 ports sometimes... wasn't sure if the speed was there either).

I know Thunderbolt has been on a Gigabyte board (probably more boards by now) but is it fully compatible with Mountain Lion yet?

USB 3.0 are working great, if they are provided by the Intel chip on the mainboard. 3rd party USB 3.0 chips are still not fully supported.

TB seems to work with almost 100%. The only issuse I know is that the TB display needs to be plug in and powered on with the mainboard. Later connecting the TB display will not work.

When I had my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 build last year, USB3.0 wasn't quite working right (things wouldn't power if they were plugged in to the USB3.0 ports sometimes... wasn't sure if the speed was there either).

I know Thunderbolt has been on a Gigabyte board (probably more boards by now) but is it fully compatible with Mountain Lion yet?

My system has that same motherboard. The Etron USB 3.0 (with the current driver from MultiBeast) works fine with one of the USB 3.0 drive enclosures I have (I bought it from MonoPrice a while back), but not the other one I have. It also works fine with a USB 3.0 thumb drive I have. So it's hit or miss, at least with 3rd party USB 3.0 controller chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back