Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte DESIGNARE Z390
CPU
Intel i7-8700k 3.7 Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX
So I've been pulling my hair out of my head attempting to address a DPC Latency problem with Win10 with no luck.

I'm considering making the switch and doing the heavy research it appears is needed to get started on a Hackintosh build.

I'm curious as to whether or not my current build that I'm using for Win10 already is viable:

Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE - UEFI American Megatrends, Inc. F7
Intel i7-8700k 3.7Ghz
64 GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 2TB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND)
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Rosewill Rnx-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900 PCI Express WiFi Adapter/Wireless Adapter/Network Card

Brand spankin new to this (currently perusing the introductory sections here on this site), so any assistance pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

So I've been pulling my hair out of my head attempting to address a DPC Latency problem with Win10 with no luck.

I'm considering making the switch and doing the heavy research it appears is needed to get started on a Hackintosh build.

I'm curious as to whether or not my current build that I'm using for Win10 already is viable:

Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE - UEFI American Megatrends, Inc. F7
Intel i7-8700k 3.7Ghz
64 GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 2TB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND)
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Rosewill Rnx-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900 PCI Express WiFi Adapter/Wireless Adapter/Network Card

Brand spankin new to this (currently perusing the introductory sections here on this site), so any assistance pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Your graphics card is not supported in MacOS Mojave and Catalina, the current MacOS versions. If, as I believe, you want to run a current version of MacOS, you will have to remove your graphics card and (1) use CPU integrated graphics, or (2) replace it with a supported graphics card such as a RX 580.

I also have no idea if your WiFi adapter is supported in MacOS.

Otherwise the system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave and Catalina. I use the same motherboard myself to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6.

Thanks!

I had a feeling that might be the case, and as I'm finding that Nvidia is a source of a lot of latency issues with other audio engineers, I was already sort of leaning towards a Radeon GPU of some sort. You are correct in assuming that if I do go down this road I'd like a newer MacOS. No issues with the RAM though? I didn't see my sticks in the master compatibility list so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

I had a feeling that might be the case, and as I'm finding that Nvidia is a source of a lot of latency issues with other audio engineers, I was already sort of leaning towards a Radeon GPU of some sort. You are correct in assuming that if I do go down this road I'd like a newer MacOS. No issues with the RAM though? I didn't see my sticks in the master compatibility list so I wasn't sure.

If your RAM works with your motherboard then it should work with MacOS. Since your system is already running (with Windows) the RAM should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back