Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SONY VAIO E14 SVE14A390X
CPU
i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 7670M
I did my first successful hackintosh after quite a bit of trial and error a few months before Mavericks came out. I'm wanting to upgrade to Yosemite now, but I've never done an upgrade before. I was going to try to follow the guide posted in the pro book yosemite section, even though I'm on a VAIO, and try to upgrade by using the install stick over my current install, and am making a backup at the moment. I'm still pretty green in this, so is this a bad idea? I've just never done an upgrade before.

I did my first successful hackintosh after quite a bit of trial and error a few months before Mavericks came out. I'm wanting to upgrade to Yosemite now, but I've never done an upgrade before. I was going to try to follow the guide posted in the pro book yosemite section, even though I'm on a VAIO, and try to upgrade by using the install stick over my current install, and am making a backup at the moment. I'm still pretty green in this, so is this a bad idea? I've just never done an upgrade before.

A backup is a good idea.

You will need to remember everything you did before. Hopefully you kept good notes.

A backup is a good idea.

You will need to remember everything you did before. Hopefully you kept good notes.

I forgot what I did when I upgraded to Mavericks from ML.

I know all the kexts and mods that's needed, but is it an upgrade or full reinstall?

I forgot what I did when I upgraded to Mavericks from ML.

I know all the kexts and mods that's needed, but is it an upgrade or full reinstall?

In your case, the entire process is documented in the U310/U410 combo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back