dbf

Motherboard
GA-Z77-UP5-TH
CPU
3,5 i7
Graphics
GTX 780Ti
Hey!
I got my GTX780Ti working with Nvidia Webdrivers and today I downloaded CUDA drivers, since that install I am unable to use finder, it often just becomes a black window where content would be, the system is also more unstable since the install, more frezes a little bit of lag etc. Anyone know about this problem and/or how to fix it?

Mavericks 10.9.4 is my OS.

Thank you!

Hey!
I got my GTX780Ti working with Nvidia Webdrivers and today I downloaded CUDA drivers, since that install I am unable to use finder, it often just becomes a black window where content would be, the system is also more unstable since the install, more frezes a little bit of lag etc. Anyone know about this problem and/or how to fix it?

Mavericks 10.9.4 is my OS.

Thank you!

OS X doesn't use CUDA for the UI so it shouldn't be affecting it at all. CUDA is also optional so unless you are using software that needs it then you can uninstall it.

Okey, thank you for your reply.
Well, the problem persists, although I'm able to use the finder funktion within all other programs, to open files etc.
This also gives me the problem of not being able to uninstall CUDA, due to that I can place it in the thrashcan.
Any ideas on what to look into is greatly appriciated.

UPDATE:
booted in safemode and removed all kextfiles that had to do with CUDA, after that my finder works again, but still being unstable, reseting around once a minute. Back on square one with trying to find a cuda-driver that works.

Okey, I'm gonna try to give this one more bump, and see if there is anyone who have an idea.

So right now, the situation is that CUDA is working, I got a good octanebench score etc, everything seems to be working perfecly except for the Finder, BUT only finder in the sence of that I can't touch anything on the desktop, use the finderwindow to search for files, see files etc, although I can use finders function in every program that have to option to "open file" or "import file", also downloading files through chrome and clicking there lauches the files, even if its dmg that opens in a finderwindow. Spotligt and Dock works as usual.

The problem started when installing CUDA, I have CUDA 7.5.29 Nvidia Webdrivers 334.01.02 Mavericks 10.9.4

In desperate need for help!

It would probably be quicker to do a fresh install rather than troubleshoot what you already have.
If you are convinced that the CUDA drivers are the cause of your problem don't install them.

It would probably be quicker to do a fresh install rather than troubleshoot what you already have.
If you are convinced that the CUDA drivers are the cause of your problem don't install them.

I'm starting to be of the same opinion, would you recommend me to do a clean install of Mavericks or Yosemite?

would you recommend me to do a clean install of Mavericks or Yosemite?

Not sure that I understand the question.
If you want Mavericks install Mavericks, if you want Yosemite . . . .

Not sure that I understand the question.
If you want Mavericks install Mavericks, if you want Yosemite . . . .

Fair enough, thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back