Titan X | GTX 770 | GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I just did a fresh install of 10.10.3. I'm running 1 titan X card. with the Nvidia web driver 346.01.02f04 and Cuda driver 7.0.36 all the latest n greatest stuff. Problem is, after every reboot my cuda enabled apps don't see it and when I grep cuda from the terminal it's not detected BUT the CUDA preferences shows it's installed. I then reinstall the cuda driver and its fine... until I reboot then cuda disappears again :(. what gives? I thought it might be a permissions thing maybe but I installed with root enabled Ive searched and search and havn't found a solution to this. Can anyone please help me out?? below is my .plist if it helps at all.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You could try switching UseKernelCache from Yes to No just to see if it makes any difference.

Good Luck

Can I test it by setting that on boot as a command? Or do I have to change the .plist?

Can I test it by setting that on boot as a command? Or do I have to change the .plist?

Booting with -f does the same thing but you'll have to enter it each time that you boot.

Editing your org.chameleon.Boot.plist makes far more sense to me though.

tried both -f & changing the .plist to No & no dice. still the same result. thnx for the try though. I also tried to set the IGPEnabler to No. Thought it might be conflicting with Cuda starting but its not. I've also tried setting the startupitems folder to 777 because I read that somewhere. btw the startup items folder is empty just read somewhere to change permissions on it.

You could try rebuilding kernel cache by entering the following two commands in terminal

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back