R9 290X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All,

I've just managed to install Monterey. All seems to work fine except the bluetooth dongle which works 50% of the time.
Each time the system boots up, user logs in, the bluetooth is turned off. 50% of the time I'm able to turn it on.
I used the kexts from my previous install (Catalina), downloaded the newest versions of the kexts.
I've tried few things written in OC docs, added BrcmPatchRAM3 & BrcmBluetoothInjector. Did not make any difference.

How to fix this?

OC 0.7.5
config.plist attached

Many thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.8 KB · Views: 89
Hi All,

I've just managed to install Monterey. All seems to work fine except the bluetooth dongle which works 50% of the time.
Each time the system boots up, user logs in, the bluetooth is turned off. 50% of the time I'm able to turn it on.
I used the kexts from my previous install (Catalina), downloaded the newest versions of the kexts.
I've tried few things written in OC docs, added BrcmPatchRAM3 & BrcmBluetoothInjector. Did not make any difference.

How to fix this?

OC 0.7.5
config.plist attached

Many thanks!
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext & BrcmBluetoothInjector will do nothing for your CSR8510 Bluetooth device. Those two files were created to help Broadcom (Brcm) BT devices work in macOS.

Your Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) BT device won't work with a Broadcom driver/injector.

Thanks for the swift response!
Feartech: I've updated my profile.
Edhawk: Thanks for the clarification on this. Do you have an idea how to make a step towards to fixing the issue? I did some search on CSR but without useful results.
Is it possible it is nothing to do with the BT dongle but the USB config?

Thanks for the swift response!
Feartech: I've updated my profile.
Edhawk: Thanks for the clarification on this. Do you have an idea how to make a step towards to fixing the issue? I did some search on CSR but without useful results.
Is it possible it is nothing to do with the BT dongle but the USB config?
you will probably have to replace the hardware

Why is that? Which hardware? BT or entire PC?
What replacement hw do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back