Contribute
Register

Crucial Ram for Intel NUC

Sorry, I have never used an eGPU and until you mentioned it above, I did not know you had one.

Clearly you have more experience than me for this build.

:)
do not worry bro:).. we learn everyday.. i ask about ram and errors because.. somewhere i was read,that this error come from wrong choice of ram; but i can not remember where

So you are saying you have been using the NUC with the IGPU for approx 3 years, yes?
So is the RX 6900XT (mounted in an external enclosure) a recent addition to your NUC setup?
Does the external enclosure provide sufficient power for the RX 6900 XT?
How is the eGPU connected to your NUC?
So you are saying you have been using the NUC with the IGPU for approx 3 years, yes? ---more or less; if you want know write time, when i start to use it, i can go check when i bought it, but im sure that is before COvid pandemic sh...
So is the RX 6900XT (mounted in an external enclosure) a recent addition to your NUC setup?---> i use Razer Core X;
Does the external enclosure provide sufficient power for the RX 6900 XT? ----> i think yes; https://www.razer.com/gaming-egpus/razer-core-x
How is the eGPU connected to your NUC? --> Thunderbolt cabel; https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/Razer-Thunderbolt-4-Cable/RC21-01860100-R3M1

my gpu is asus tuf; https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rx6900xt-o16g-gaming/
ps.. also I also bought a gpu myb a few months later; I using it for a long time, from time to time I notice a delay in use, like mouse frozen or something similar, but overall everything works fine; only mistake, what i did, i bought wrong ssd disk, this i will replace (i will put in WD black sn850x)...

Last edited:
So you are saying you have been using the NUC with the IGPU for approx 3 years, yes?
So is the RX 6900XT (mounted in an external enclosure) a recent addition to your NUC setup?
Does the external enclosure provide sufficient power for the RX 6900 XT?
How is the eGPU connected to your NUC?
i disabled all, and eGpu put out from Nuc and my error is the same.. so, this problem i think is not from eGpu.. or im wrong:(

Do you have a backup of an older OpenCore EFI that you know worked perfectly with your NUC, without the eGPU being present? If yes, try booting with the older EFI, see if the same error appears.

If it doesn't, look at what is different in your latest EFI compared to the older EFI. See if you can find any anomalies between the two EFI's, that might cause the error.

Do you have a backup of an older OpenCore EFI that you know worked perfectly with your NUC, without the eGPU being present? If yes, try booting with the older EFI, see if the same error appears.

If it doesn't, look at what is different in your latest EFI compared to the older EFI. See if you can find any anomalies between the two EFI's, that might cause the error.
the problem is that i had this problem from at the beginning, i keep trying to find a solution but no luck and I gave up and left it like that.. once I read some post that this problem is supposed myb to come from the ram, now I have the option to getting new ones and same time I am trying to solve this problem to.

i attached mz EFI

Your /EFI/OC/APCI folder and the ACPI section in your config.plist are over populated, I am being polite. 18 x ACPI tables is way too many for this Intel NUC. If these were cut down to around 6 or 7 x ACPI tables, you would probably be closer to the correct setup.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.33.27.png

These are the ACPI tables I think you need for your NUC.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.35.53.png
I fixed the name of SSDT-HPET.aml, as you had it misspelt, SSDT-HPTE.aml.
I renamed SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to SSDT-USBX.aml, as it only contains the USB power options and you have a separate SSDT-EC.aml table present.

Your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder has followed the same route, with 20 x kexts in your Kexts folder and config.plist.

I would go from this Kext folder:
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.39.14.png

To this Kext folder, while troubleshooting the memory/Graphics issues.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.40.13.png

You have an SSDT-UIAC.aml table and USBPorts.kext present in the OC ACPI & Kexts folders respectively. They both activate the same USB ports, so I assume they were generated at the same time using Hackintool. However, you only need the USBPorts.kext to get the ports you have selected active in macOS.

This is a screenshot showing the USB ports from your kext.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.28.49.png

Here are a couple of screenshots showing the USB ports from @UtterDisbelief USBPorts.kext from his identical NUC.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.31.41.png Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.31.53.png

So I would say there was something seriously wrong with your USB ports configuration, which you need to address if you want your system running correctly.

On the subject of Memory for your NUC.

I would recommend if you are looking to purchase new SODIMMs that you look at the offerings from Crucial. Here is a link to the Recommended RAM sticks for your NUC.

You never said what your current RAM configuration consists of only what you wanted to possibly use.

Your /EFI/OC/APCI folder and the ACPI section in your config.plist are over populated, I am being polite. 18 x ACPI tables is way too many for this Intel NUC. If these were cut down to around 6 or 7 x ACPI tables, you would probably be closer to the correct setup.

View attachment 580122

View attachment 580123
I renamed SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to SSDT-USBX.aml, as it only contains the USB power options and you have a separate SSDT-EC.aml table present.

Your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder has followed the same route, with 20 x kexts in your Kexts folder and config.plist.

View attachment 580124

View attachment 580125

You have an SSDT-UIAC.aml table and USBPorts.kext present in the OC ACPI & Kexts folders respectively. They both activate the same USB ports, so I assume they were generated at the same time using Hackintool. However, you only need the USBPorts.kext to get the ports you have selected active in macOS.

View attachment 580119

Here are a couple of screenshots showing the USB ports from @UtterDisbelief USBPorts.kext from his identical NUC.
View attachment 580120 View attachment 580121

So I would say there was something seriously wrong with your USB ports configuration, which you need to address if you want your system running correctly.

I would recommend if you are looking to purchase new SODIMMs that you look at the offerings from Crucial. Here is a link to the Recommended RAM sticks for your NUC.

You never said what your current RAM configuration consists of only what you wanted to possibly use.

You never said what your current RAM configuration consists of only what you wanted to possibly use. ----> is true; sorry my bad:( this ram i use CT16G4SFRA266

View attachment 580122

View attachment 580123

View attachment 580124

View attachment 580125

View attachment 580119

View attachment 580120 View attachment 580121

AND EDHAWK ----> really thanks for what you do for me :) you really help me and mean a lot to me... really thanks :)

Back