Graphics
660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I'm in the throes of a G5 Powermac modification (my first case mod ever) and let's just say I'm having to be very creative to achieve the look I want. So I have come up with a cooling solution but I am not very familiar with cooling theory and would love some feedback. I'm attaching a file that shows the actual computer (with paper mockups of components and next to it an illustration that shows more clearly what I have in mind. I realize the location of components is strange but there is a method to my madness. Thanks in advance and please feel free to ask any question.

Attachments

• G5_build_01_27b.jpg
    G5_build_01_27b.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 256
The GPU fans will be on the top of the card since the motherboard is mounted upside down in a G5 case, I don't think it will make a difference though.

Correct, normally they would. I purchased a PCIE riser cable which will let me flip the card the other way. Alternatively I might end up watercooling the GPU and not the CPU. That would let me keep the card the right way without worrying about air flow competition from the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back