Contribute
Register

Creative Xfi Titanium PCIE Hang The OS X Boot (Asus P7P55D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 780Ti
Hi all, I just got a new Creative Xfi Titanium Audio Card that is worked fine on my Windows 7 Partition...

But if I boot on the Mac OS X Partition the boot hang/freeze if I don't remove the Audio Card! :eek:

OS X Don't load at all...

My onboard audio sound was disable, and my mac is in 64Bit mode... With my card off I installed voodooHDA 02.7.2 but when I put it back, hang again! :x

My Audio Card is installed in the second PCI-E 16X slot even if it's a 1X card
May be Snow Leopard don't like a 1X card in a 16X slot

Please Anybody help me... :crazy:

May be this can give you some idea. I'm not an expert in Hackintosh (neither in english language).

I have my Creative X-fi working (sometimes) in this system:

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D LE
Processor: Intel i7 860
Memory: 8 GB.
Graphics: Asus NVidia GTX 285.
Sound: Creative X-Fi titanium (installed in the second PCI-E 16X slot)

After install OS X 10.6.3 EVERYTHING works fine, including network, motherboard and sound (the integrated one, still X-Fi disconnected). Then I updated to version 10.6.6 and assembly all the components and everything works except for the sound (still with integrated motherboard sound), network and USB 3.0 external HD. OS X 10.6.6 starts without a problem.

I solve the network troubles using multibeast (Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Network -> Lnx"Mac's Realt.... and restart.

Then I solve the sound troubles (for integrated sound) using multibeast (Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Universal -> VoodooHDA 0.2.2) and restart.

Well, then I tested the X-Fi, so I disabled integrated sound in BIOS and connect the speakers to X-Fi. The systems starts and the X-Fi works, but, after that, sometimes the system doesn't do it or the sound doesn't work (other time it does, I don't know the reason, but the X-Fi ALWAYS remains connected, I don't have to unplugged it).

Finally, I'm using the integrated sound but keep the Sound Card connected to use it with Windows, and no problem starting Snow Leopard.

BTW, something similar happens with the USB 3.0 external HD, sometimes I can see it but most of times not.

Good Luck
Germán

@coalonso

I think I found the trouble with my X-FI audio Card...
It's a custom DSDT.aml for my Asus P7P55D mobo

What DSDT file do you have used?

Are you using the easybeast option? (No custom DSDT file)

Do you have the Bios v2003?

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

I used the Multibeast option first. Since my last post I found a new kext (I cannot tell you now, I'm writing from Windows and can't see my Snow Leopard HD from it) which seems to work perfectly with X-Fi, but it doesn't with the mobo integrated sound (now disabled in BIOS). I installed this one using kextutility 2.3.2.

If you're interested send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

BTW, can you send me the custom DSDT.aml for your Asus P7P55D mobo to test it?. Is it the P7P55D LE?.

Thanks.

coalonso said:
Yes that's the kext I'm using. And seems to work fine.

Concerning the DSDT.aml, what is it for? I'm still too new to Hackintosh world.

Have you deleted the voodooHDA audio panel and the appleHDA file?

I'm "New" too in the world of Hackintosh :lol:

The DSDT have the capacity to Shutdown, sleep and restart correctly... Plus more stability I think. (If someone knew all the benefit of using a DSDT file, you're welcome! :p )

Thanks!

The voodooHDA audio panel was "backuped" by textutility and the appleHDA file didn't exist in my extensions folder. BTW since this VoodooHDA installation the file VoodooHDA.kext and its backup VoodooHDA.kext are both marked in red in the the extensions folder (I have no idea what that can mean).

It'd be good if somthing could tell me something about.

How the hell have you installed the X-fi with the kextutility...

I have the kextutility installed in the dock... I drag the X-fi folder over it but the voodooHDA thing (prefpane) was not installed at all... only the kext I think...

Do you have dragged the .zip file?

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Yes, that's what I did, but the prefPane didn't install.

I'll try to remember what I did, because I was taking note of everything I was doing with Snow Leopard and saving the notes to a brand new external HD. Then that HD made a noise and died, new as it was, and, though they gave a new one in the store, I lost all my notes about hackintosh and a lot of stuff I was being downloading. I'm writing by heart so be careful.

I went to my Snow Leopard disk -> System -> Library ->PreferencePanes, there deleted the VoodooHDA.prefPane and then copy the new one. Now in System Preferences I can open the VoodooHDA icon and everything in the new window seems to work though I don't see any changes in the sound when I move the sliders.

On the other hand I have read here:

http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.p ... our-eeemac

that you can install the prefPane double clickin on it.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back