2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone!

I would like to install the El Capitan GM on my CustoMac, but I don't know if my sound card is supported. I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Fatal1ty Pro), sound card in a PCI slot, can I use this sound card with El Capitan GM?

---

Also I'll use Clover to install, but as I have never used it before, I have some questions.

- What kind of config.plist file should I use for my motherboard? (Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5)

- What .kexts files should I use for this motherboard? And for the sound card, if there is any kexts for this sound card of course.

---
Note:
The internal sound card in my MB is a Realtek ALC1150.

Use the config.plist Standard-Latest in tonymacx86's Yosemite Clover Guide > http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html. The guide will also help you with your kext selection. But, create your Clover installer USB using tonymacx86's El-Capitan Clover guide which is a sticky thread in this forum section.

As for the Creative sound card, if it requires a driver in other versions of OS X, then check Creative's web site to see if they have a (beta) driver for the sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back