Graphics
AMD Radion 7870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
1). To create bootable USB drive, I have a USB stick already formatted in Fat32. It contains some incription software that came with the USB. Do I need to format it or will it be reformatted when we create partition for Bootable Master Record? If I do need to format it, should I do it on PC or Mac? Right now it is in Fat 32.

2). I downloaded UniBeast and unzipped the file on Windows computer. Can I store it on the USB drive that I will turn in to bootable drive, or do I need to put in on 2nd USB stick or hard drive? When I create partition for Bootable Master Record by Mac computer on this USB, will it delete UniBeast or should I transport it on USB after I created partition? When I Run it, I assume- I run it from Mac-partitioned Master Boot USB drive, on my Intel-based hardware? Or do I run it on Mac on which I partitioned USB? And the OS located on that Mac? I am looking at steps 13, 14, 16 of UniBeast guide. I am confused. The UniBeast goes on USB stick before or after creation of partition? And then- where is Maverick OS located? It appears that I install Maverick on to USB, then where do I install Maverick from? From Mac computer? So I run UniBeast while on Mac or while on Intel-based hardware Custom build?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

And then at step 18 it says, "Drag MultiBeast to your completed USB drive." What? I thought- I already have it on USB. Or was I supposed to have UniBeast on Mac and use it as if I was ready to install Maverick on that Mac and USB connected to that Mac?

I will be using public computer that belongs to the community theater. It is $3000 Mac Pro, and I do not want it to start installing new OS and delete all their priceless files or make any other harm- I don't know what I am doing and the guide is not explaining it clearly. Please, clarify, if it possible. Thank you.

Just follow the instructions when your on the Mac.

The first steps will format your USB drive.

You then download Unibeast (on the Mac) and Mavericks installer. Run Unibeast and it will copy the Mavericks installer to the USB along with some other things.

Download Multibeast and copy this to the USB, this will help you when you come to install on your hackintosh, as you may not have internet access on first boot.

Unmount the USB and then use it to boot your hackintosh to start the install.

NOTE: When you goto the Mac Apple Store (MAS) on the Mac to download the Mavericks installer, it will say install (not download), don't panic, just click to install it! You can cancel the installer once the download is complete and then run unibeast.

Ouch. That would freak me out. I don't know who is in charge of back ups in there and if they have back up.

I downloaded UniBeast on PC, at home. Can't I use it? I can store it on another USB. I can not sit there for too long and download things- they will be asking what I am doing to their computer. I thought- I would just download OS and that's all. Did not know I would have to download UniBeast, MultyBeast and make USB drive there... I thought that could be done on PC. I will have another PC with internet available all the time during Hackintosh install.

When Maverick actually installs on real Mac, does it preserve files or formats everything?

Yes, to your last question.

Print out the UniBeast Mavericks installation guide and check off each step (and sub step). Then, you won't screw up. :thumbup:

BTW, only Steps 1 & 2 are accomplished on a real Macintosh. Be smart and understand what you're doing.

Yes, it preserves files, and no- I can not bring Unibeast with me on another USB drive?

It is very slow internet in that building. Also they are in a production now, so if something goes wrong and I select wrong hard drive to format, they would lose sound design and not able to have a show at night. lol.

Can't I just copy or "Archive" the OS to that USB drive, do I have to run UniBeast to move OS to the USB drive?

Considering my other options... Can I format USB drive and so all this on Lap Top? Also- after I archive the OS and run Unibeast- can the Lap Top owner use this download to go ahead and update their computer?
Thank you.

Your problem is the biggest thing you need to download is the OS installer, yes you could download unibeast and multibeast on your PC and take them with you on a USB stick, but you still need to get the OS on the Mac, its about 5-6Gb.

Does multibeast need to be "unzipped" before I drag it onto the pen drive or does that not matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back