Crazy, weird, visual issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 1759528
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1759528

I will do my best to describe it:

1) Clock time is constantly changing... 7:21... 7:18... 7:21...7:18. It just keeps bouncing between times very rapidly.
2) When I type... I see my characters disappear and then reappear, and my cursor jumps around.
3) When scrolling in the browser it jumps back and forth.
4) Dialogs (like file copy dialogs), twitch, jitter, moving back and forth. (files left to copy appears to be jumping just like the clock)

I think what is happening is that somehow the display is being cached, and I am seeing those cached versions. So my cursor isn't really moving, and the time isn't really changing,... what is actually happening is that somehow parts of the screen's visuals from a second or a few minutes ago are being shown momentarily over and over again.

What is really annoying is that this doesn't happen immediately upon login. It takes a while to get bad... not sure what triggers it.

If anyone has any clue as to what is going on, and a potential fix... I would be happy to know!

Does your "About Mac" section show your graphics configuration? Does it say something like "Kaby Lake XXXXmb" or "Intel HD Graphics 630 XXXXmb? What I want to know is the number "XXXX" of mb that shows. If is shows something like 7mb, or 3mb, then we do have an issue, if not, there must be something else wrong.

If it does, a quick fix to that problem may be removing all edited kexts that are related to IntelGraphics and rebooting into macOS whilst turning InjectIntel = off, (and changing FakeID to 0x00000000 and product-id to 0x00000000, if anything is already there).

This is because macOS should support Intel HD 630 OOB. (I think)

Make sure you back up your old stuff to go back to just in case. Also if this does not work, then at least you have a clean slate to work through on, and normally fixing these problems is just a fix or two away from vanilla settings!

Hi, it says: Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

BTW, I decided to wipe my drive and start over, but the issue is still there. Maybe it is a CPU cooling issue...I am running the fan on full-blast and so far I haven't reproduced the problem...could be coincidence. I am going to do another install, but this time I will skip any graphics related drivers (as you suggested), because I am still seeing other, probably unrelated, graphical issues that will hopefully be resolved by not modifying the default intel stuff.

I see something strange that maybe is related: when i go through the initial install process, and reboot for the first time, I see for a brief moment, when the bootloader displays, an image of the installation screen that was showing before I rebooted. It goes away after a fraction of a second, but it seems strange to me that this image would persist after a reboot. Even weirder, that same image will show after multiple reboots during the installation process. How is that even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back